Main Menu

Brake booster and master cylinder rebuild company?

Started by 7E-Bodies, September 26, 2019, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

A year or so ago, someone from here or on the Facebook side mentioned a shop that completely restores original brake boosters and master cylinders. I looked into it, evern exchanged communications with the business and now I've lost track of who it was. Suggestions based on experience would be great.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Floyd

Booster Dewey in OR for the booster, and Brake & Equipment Warehouse in MN for the m/c.

Ric

Quote from: Floyd on September 26, 2019, 05:15:50 PM
Booster Dewey in OR for the booster, and Brake & Equipment Warehouse in MN for the m/c.
I used Dewey also, very nice people , but I used White post for the master cylinder.... both reasonable
https://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

Rich G.

I just got a MC rebuilt from White Post. Lifetime guarantee

jimynick

May I ask how much that cost? I went to the web site but there was no pricing info. Thx.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Ricomondo

I second both mentioned above -

Booster Dewey did my TA booster - $175

Brake Equipment Warehouse in MN did the master, I think it was $219?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

erik70rt

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Burdar

FM3AAR

Quote from: Ric on September 26, 2019, 06:09:57 PM
Quote from: Floyd on September 26, 2019, 05:15:50 PM
I used Dewey also, very nice people , but I used White post for the master cylinder.... both reasonable
https://whitepost.com/brake-sleeving-rebuilding-services/

Same here. Very happy with both companies.

drew43a

I took my   booster to advanced auto parts and they sent it to cardone and they sent it to mexico and then back. they completly rebuilt mine because there was no cores available.

my issue was i could not get a firm price before hand on the cost.  i thought it would be the price advanced lists on there web site.  NOT   it came back and they said $275.00 i SAID WHAT?

i  bitched enough they knocked the price down to 200.00  they said they only made $20.00 on it.

Rich G.

Your lucky you even got it back from them! Scary sending things out, especially if it can't be replaced.

Topcat

Quote from: Rich G. on October 17, 2019, 06:30:11 PM
Your lucky you even got it back from them! Scary sending things out, especially if it can't be replaced.

Dewey did mine and came out great.

He may of lost the election to Truman but he still knows his $hit.   :haha:

7E-Bodies

Thank you all. Looks like Booster Dewey for sure. MC decision forthcoming.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green