Main Menu

brake line kit

Started by 70rtse, April 05, 2022, 04:14:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

HI GUYS
Putting together a order for my 70 challenger what are your thoughts on the right stuff brake line kits
also there is an option on the 70-71 with power disk W/O prop valve
what should i be ordering

anlauto

In my opinion, I would be ordering from Fine Lines....I've heard too many stories about "The Right Stuff" selling the wrong stuff :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

I don't know how you would get away not having a proportioning valve....  :clueless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLaPv8DITE

https://youtu.be/qzUk8W1-2pw?t=345
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

70rtse

Been searching on here and looks like the right stuff lines aren't  that good.

even fine lines give you the option of with or without proportion valve i am pretty sur my car had one.
what have you guys heard about the right stuff brake lines.

Gary AAR

I had ordered a brake line kit through YearOne about 3 years ago when I first began disassembling the car for restoration.  The lines provided were from "Fine Lines".  The lines sat on my shelf until a few months ago when I started reassembling the car.  I had a brake fluid leak at one of the fittings going into the master cylinder.  I tried numerous times of loosening and retightening, but could not get the leak to stop.  Not knowing if the problem was with the line or the brass seat in the master cylinder, I decided to replace both.  Called YearOne and they told me because the order was 3 years ago there was nothing they could do.  Could not find anyone who sold just the one line I needed, as everyone sells only a complete kit.  I then called "Fine Lines" and explained my situation.  They told me they would replace the line free of charge.  Great "Customer Service" that you don't often see these days!  I would recommend "Fine Lines".

70rtse

Thanks guys for the replies
Problem I have is I have some one going to classic industries in 2 weeks to pick up a bunch of parts for me and they only have the right stuff lines available. :thinking:

anlauto

Saving on shipping is a huge plus...just go with The Right Stuff then  :dunno: What distribution block are you using ? Order the front line kit for the block you're using. If you're not using the correct 70 set-up, then order the lines for the set-up you are using  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70rtse

70rtse

There saying this is correct

Mrbill426

We have Right Stuff lines on our car and the axle brake, and front to rear fuel lines took a lot of tweaking to fit right.  In hind-site I would not buy lines (again) years out from when I was ready to use them.  Lesson learned.  ::)

anlauto

The picture of the block posted above has nothing to do with the line kit you have in your cart.  When you look up "Front to Rear" brake line you'll see one piece or two piece...that is where that block comes into play...if your car does not use that block, then order the one piece line.
The front kit you have in your cart is correct if you have the two stage distribution block  :alan2cents:

MoparLeo

One more word of advice, avoid s/s lines. the flares are very hard to get seated and standard lines will last more than your lifetime.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

moparroy

Anyone else notice how similar the part numbers are? - I am thinking they start life in the same place.
Any yes second that - steel not stainless - if you have an issue and need to reflair SS hard to cut and flair.
I got mine from Right stuff - fit well - not perfect but well - have not got the front calipers in yet to pressure test it but the system is full of fluid with front lines capped off and no sign of leaks.

jimynick

I put a set of Fine Lines SS lines into my Challenger and the only spot that gave any trouble was the one line off the MC, but we finally got it cranked tight. After the fact, someone suggested putting a dab of never-seize on the back of the flare and on the flare nut because, being so hard, the SS wants to gall, which prevents full symmetrical pressure on the flare, with the accompanying leaks. So, lube the flare nuts and flares and you should be away to the races. As for the mild steel lasting your lifetime; unless you're pretty young, it demonstratively will not, or you wouldn't be changing them now, would you? And let's not forget appearance, because mild steel lines will start to rust the minute you put them on, unless you rustproof your undercarriage and flush your brake system regularly. Your car, your call. Have fun!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70rtse

Worked it out 5 piece for front and 1 piece for rear this came of the car is it correct for 70 challenger