Main Menu

Brake Line Routing?

Started by Cudajason, August 22, 2022, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Ok, this may be a dumb question but here goes,  typically on mopar does the front brake line run from the front or rear of the MC????

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Which is the bigger reservoir ? A simple way to remember it is that front disc brakes take more fluid than rear drum so they require a larger reservoir.....If you come across an original master cylinder that has equal size reservoirs, then it was originally designed for four wheel drum brakes :alan2cents:

So front brake line goes to larger end of the master :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on August 22, 2022, 12:50:52 PM
Which is the bigger reservoir ? A simple way to remember it is that front disc brakes take more fluid than rear drum so they require a larger reservoir.....If you come across an original master cylinder that has equal size reservoirs, then it was originally designed for four wheel drum brakes :alan2cents:

So front brake line goes to larger end of the master :brainiac:

Thanks @anlauto

I have one of the newer style Mopar MCs and they appear to be equal size reservoirs.

When I hooked up the new lines to the adjustable dist valve I used the back port for the front brakes. I swear I read that in the factory service manual.

I just went to install a new wilwood MC and they say to run the front brakes to the front port, whis is the larger reservoir. Now it looks like I am bending new break lines again.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Oh..okay...I don't know much about those new style fandangle things....sorry, hopefully someone else will chime in  :waving:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

no worries man.

I will follow the Wilwood instructions either way.