Main Menu

Brake Proportioning Valve Cover

Started by 69BFan, December 14, 2018, 07:19:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

Do you guys know if this brake proportioning valve cover was used on the E-Bodies?  I was contacted about the availability of the part and the guys over at the Dodge Charger site under the wing car section was looking for one.  I have never had one or even knew about them until the request.  It appears that it would be a relatively easy part to mold and if it should overlap into the E-Body world, then that would open up a larger market for the piece.  Just let me know your thoughts.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Lemontwist

Drew

Cuda Cody

69BFan

Thanks for the response on my question.  So it looks to be possibly unique to the disc brake equipped B-Bodies from my digging.  One person told me that they were rubber when new and brake fluid would leak on them and that they ended up falling off upon becoming loose.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

70 Challenger Lover

I've torn apart a few original B body cars myself including Chargers and I've never seen something like this. They were all drum brake cars though so the idea that it was unique to disc brake optioned cars does fit.

6bblgt

I've never seen one on an E or B-body, until the discussion on Dodge-Charger

1 Wild R/T

I've got one, and it's not rubber, it's plastic.. Off a 70 Charger with discs.... Never seen one on an E body...

anlauto

Another vote for "never seen one on an Ebody"   :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

the '70 Charger VS. Challenger shop manuals actually have different pics for the "metering valve"

the b-body pic shows the cover (doesn't point it out) wonder if the cover was due to final arrangement/position of the valve in the engine compartment? (is the e-body valve's location more protected?)