Main Menu

Center cap bolts

Started by 61K T/A, April 24, 2017, 06:24:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

I just bought 4 NOS Ralley center caps and I'm looking for the correct bolts. I found two different sizes and both sellers say they are correct. Who sells the Right self tapping machine screws? Thanks

Cuda Cody

Didn't the caps come with them?

Most of the resellers are getting fasteners from here:

https://www.amkproducts.com/bulk1.asp

You can buy directly from AMK, but they charge full price.  Lots of the resellers (like Dave at Roseville & RT Specialties) sell their stuff a slightly better price then buying directly from AMK.  I would check with Dave first and see what he has in stock.

1 Wild R/T

They should be 1/4-20 x 5/8" & they should have a 3/8" hex flange head

Chryco Psycho

Does Mopar still have them ?

fc7cuda

1 Wild R/T

Chryco Psycho

B5Cuda440-6

On original unrestored cars, this is the bolt I've seen. I believe it's a 7/16" head bolt with a little "N" stamped into it, and also has a copper washer. Not sure about the threads or the bolt length off the top of my head. But 1/4-20 and 5/8" in length sounds correct.

Very hard to find in good condition.

6bblgt

I've seen the larger 7/16" head bolts, I wonder if they got introduced when the rallye wheels changed from 5 attaching bolts to 3?

B5Cuda440-6

Don't know. I had 1 390 rim with all 5 holding the cap on. My other caps had a mixture of the "N" bolts and aftermarket. I was able to get a set from another Mopar collector.

6bblgt

I did find a '70 center cap with the larger head bolts in my parts room -  :thinking: maybe it was an assembly plant "thing"

B5Cuda440-6

I agree. Or maybe a scenario of multiple suppliers to the manufacturing plant??

6bblgt

@198D13  :twothumbsup: commented in another thread that the 7/16" head bolts are 1970-1972 model year and the 1973 & newer used the 3/8" head bolts from the factory