Main Menu

E Body Dana 60 E Brake cable question....

Started by anlauto, July 10, 2017, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

On an 1970 E Body the passenger emergency brake cable is long and crosses over the rear axle and connects on the driver's side with the other cables.

With an 8 3/4 that long cable is secured to the floor up by the brake line. Is a Dana 60 the same or does it use the tab on the passenger side tube ?  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure same as 8 3/4.  I think the tab on the tube is for the hard line.  Hopefully these photos help. 

Cuda Cody

Few more photos

B5Cuda440-6

Alan -

The passenger brake cable on a 1970 E-Body Dana is secured on the passenger side axle tube and to the floor by the brake line fitting.

Cuda Cody

Now I'm going to have to go out in the shop and look at a car..     :D  Stand by....

fc7cuda

Quote from: B5Cuda440-6 on July 10, 2017, 01:00:03 PM
Alan -

The passenger brake cable on a 1970 E-Body Dana is secured on the passenger side axle tube and to the floor by the brake line fitting.

:iagree:

Cuda Cody

Does this help?  (don't mind the red bolt, just threaded it in to hold it there so I could take the photo)

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Yea...Thanks for all the replies guys :worship: I was having a bit of a brain fart this afternoon working on a Dana....I thought if I bolted it to the rear end, it would be at an awkward angle then going to the floor.... but then I looked at some of my own pictures...... :idea: .....guess I was distracted  :tired:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration