Previous topic Next topic

Meyer

xx88man

Quote from: Meyer on August 23, 2020, 02:29:35 PM
What will it involve?

IN MY OPINION..... trade the 4-speed car for an automatic instead
Keep yer foot in it

CudaMoparRay

Not answering your question but if it is a numbers matching car I would trade it for another, if it is not then I would change the manual to the automatic transmission.  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

You do not have to remove the 4speed hump from the floor. 
Different transmission mount
Different driveshaft.
You will need to add a tunnel automatic bracket and automatic shifter cable.
If you don't want a console you will need to change out the steering column.
remove the reverse light from the lower dash. 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

A couple automatic bracket and shifter linkage pictures.  70 bh car.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I"m not sure but I think you can just remove the pedal from this set up.

cuda hunter

remove the z bar and the z bar ball stud. 

xx88man

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 23, 2020, 07:24:59 PM
I"m not sure but I think you can just remove the pedal from this set up.

Or if you never plan on changing it back you could sell the 4-speed pedals. Guys are looking for them
Keep yer foot in it

cuda hunter

Picture of the 4 speed hump.

I would keep all the 4 speed parts and keep the hump on the floor for an easy re-conversion. 

RUNCHARGER

You will need the proper kickdown linkage, that will be the biggest PITA to find, then the shifter and linkage, then obviously a trans, convertor and flexplate. It should be really easy to find someone with an automatic in their car that would like to change to a 4 speed depending on where you live. I know I would jump at the chance if I had an automatic car. That way you would be sure of getting all the parts you need.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Shoooter

Where are you located? Lots of members would be interested in the old parts. You will need a different console as well

jimynick

Don't forget a new rad with a trans cooler in it, as well. And then there's the question- why? Your car and your call, just curious because there're many others, as mentioned, who're going the other way. For a serious buyer, it may also kill the deal, if he's a purist- and they're out there. Just my  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

Shoooter

700 American? Really. I'll sell a set up cheaper than that