Main Menu

2944450 correct wheel finish

Started by 76orangewagon, March 19, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I hear you loud and clear !
I said it was "my opinion", and that''s why I put that in bold. :alan2cents:

You want to modify the car to your tastes....go for it....it's your car....enjoy.... :slapme5:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Quote from: anlauto on March 19, 2017, 06:38:24 PM
I don't understand why people search for all the "correct" parts, spending extra time, effort to find NOS this and NOS that, proper dated this and that, etc...etc...

Then take liberties for their own personal taste.  :huh:

I mean....I get the whole "it's your car, build it your way" and I'm all about the fact that you're never going to sell it, so build it your way....
...but with that mindset, then why sweat all the other small details to get everything absolutely correct, only to do something as blatantly wrong as orange wheels ? :dunno:

If you're modifying the car from stock, then does it really matter if the springs are correct or the date on the alternator etc...

In my opinion, it should be all or nothing... :alan2cents:
Al I agree with you, but shouldn't this philosophy also apply to the undercoat in the wheel wells?

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on March 21, 2017, 04:12:42 PM

Al I agree with you, but shouldn't this philosophy also apply to the undercoat in the wheel wells?

My own personal cars that I would consider be restored with the "correct" parts also had lots of undercoating. The last two I did, I left it off because it's ugly, and they weren't considered "correct" restos either....

All the other cars are customer preference, and for the most part people don't want it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MOPAR FANATIC

:popcorn:  :popcorn:mmmm think i'll just.......................................  :please:      :whiteflag:
i could comment but..................naw,not now,,,, :thinking:    :angry:

76orangewagon

My car is also coded for undercoating and the door edge protectors...those won't be going back on. Although, when I see them spray the undercoating on "Graveyard Cars" it doesn't look so bad. I've always been a completely painted underside kind of guy but the primer with overspray look is growing on me.

fc7cuda

If you get a minute, could you post a pic or two of the hub from those repo 450s?  I'd like to see the lettering and date codes used.

Thanks

76orangewagon

These are what I have saved on my computer, I can get you some better ones tomorrow if you need them.