Main Menu

Front wheel hub for drum brakes

Started by gaddied, August 19, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

Does any company make front wheel hubs for drum brakes? Looking to buy ones for my 70 with 11 " brakes.  I can't find the hubs any where. I want to keep the front drums. Don't want disc brakes.
I don't want to buy from Ebay. There is to much junk there.
Any help would be great.

Cuda Cody

I don't think there is anyone making them  But good news is they are not very hard to find.  I think I have a few on the shelve.   If we know where you are located (hint to put a pin on the map)  :bigthumb: maybe someone local to you might have a set.  I see them all the time at swap meets.

gaddied

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 19, 2017, 06:25:32 PM
I don't think there is anyone making them  But good news is they are not very hard to find.  I think I have a few on the shelve.   If we know where you are located (hint to put a pin on the map)  :bigthumb: maybe someone local to you might have a set.  I see them all the time at swap meets.
I  updated the map. I live in northern MN . I wish we had swap meets up here but none to be had.
If you or some one would like to sell one let me know. Parts are really scarce up here most of the older cars went to the crusher . A lot of the older junk yards are long gone.

anlauto

Yea...you can't even give that stuff away at swap meets....You should have no trouble finding some...Kudos to you for keeping it real  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

The issue with parts like that is they are so heavy that shipping them becomes a little more challenging.  That's why so many people take them to swap meets.  And there they will sell them for next to nothing.  Do you need the complete unit or just the spindle?

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I threw away 3 sets of 11 inch fronts within this last year. As mentioned they are super heavy and I knew no one would pay shipping if they wanted them anyway. You shouldn't have to pay much when you find them.
Sheldon

gaddied

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 19, 2017, 07:14:45 PM
The issue with parts like that is they are so heavy that shipping them becomes a little more challenging.  That's why so many people take them to swap meets.  And there they will sell them for next to nothing.  Do you need the complete unit or just the spindle?
I just need the hub where the bearings fit into.  the spindle and everything else is good.

gaddied

I put a add in the parts wanted.
Hope some one has one to sell.
Thanks