Main Menu

Goodyear Polyglas radials ?

Started by usraptor, April 16, 2017, 12:05:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

I think I heard on Barrett Jackson or Mecum auctions that a radial version of the Goodyear Polyglas tires is going to be coming out soon.  Before I buy a set of bias ply Goodyears, does anybody have any accurate info on this?

Also, there is a member either on here or CC.com that was selling Goodyear Polyglas tires at what I assumed was a pretty good price.   Does anybody have his contact info?
Thanks
Brad

Culvers

Quote from: usraptor on April 16, 2017, 12:05:16 PM
Also, there is a member either on here or CC.com that was selling Goodyear Polyglas tires at what I assumed was a pretty good price.   Does anybody have his contact info
You mean Rusty, member "smallhurst" (816-654-3400)

Cuda Cody

Rusty Small and his email is: smallhurst@gmail.com  His cell 816-654-3400.  I've bought tires from him and he was great.   :twothumbsup:

I've also bought tires from Jim too.  He is another good source: Jim@heartlandtire.net

6bblgt

Coker had their radial Firestone Wide Oval RWL tires on display at SEMA  :barf:

IMO - if you are going for the look, feel & experience of a 1970s MOPAR musclecar GOODYEAR POLYGLAS is what you want  :banana:

everyone's poor memory or experience with worn out suspensions & cheap belted tires is overrated

anlauto

I found Summit Racing to be the best  :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

Firestone has a Wide Oval version. Haven't seen them in person. I'd imagine  Goodyears will be next.

Personally, I can leave the bias plys for the  resto crowd. I like cars with wide tires all around that don't tramline down the straights and don't require slowing down for corners.

smallhurst

Hello there!!

Sorry I am late to the party!! 

As for a radial version of the Goodyear Polyglas, it is not likely to happen.  Kelsey has prided himself on producing the most accurate reproduction available.  The Polyglas was never a radial, it is highly unlikely it will be done.

If you are needing help and want some great pricing on the Goodyears, give me a call.  816-654-3400.  smallhurst@gmail.com

Rusty

303 Mopar

I think the polys look good on a correct all stock restored e-body.  Maybe it is the squared shoulders or the white lettering, but it just looks cool.  However I'm more like @HP2 and like wider tires that perform better when I'm driving around.   :stayinlane:

usraptor

Thank you everybody for your responses and info on Rusty.   I plan on eventually having two sets of tires and wheels.  Since I already have the OEM rallye wheels I'll mount the 15" F60  Polyglas tires on those.  When funds allow I plan on a set of 17" polished American torque thrust wheels with BF Goodrich tires. 
Rusty, I'l call you later.

anlauto

Unless you have a Hemi car, these cars never came with F60 tires  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

Thanks Alan.  :wave:  My original 'Cuda came with E60-15 tires.  I'm just trying to get a little more rubber under me since I'm running a 512 stroker.  I may run E60s on the front since I have manual steering and F60s on the back.  Haven't decided for sure. Just throwing around ideas right now.  :thinking:

HP2

You will need to decide which way to compromise on the alignment if you are swapping between bias plys and radials. Radials will tolerate a much wider range of alignment angles which allow more aggressive settings. Bias plys do not. If you align to the OEM specs, you won't utilize your radials to their fullest capability. If you align to radial specs, your bias plys will wear prematurely and howl in protest.

usraptor

76orangewagon

They might not be correct but I like a little bigger tire ...I mean lets face it, it's still an OEM type tire and 99% of the people admiring your car at car shows wont know or care that there one size off. It might be a big deal if your going for OE judging but since most cars are running aftermarket BF Goodrich, Cooper, Mickey Thompson...ect your ahead of the curve. Mine should have E60-15 and black steel wheels but it's my car so I put on what I like.

smallhurst

Quote from: anlauto on April 17, 2017, 06:27:19 AM
Unless you have a Hemi car, these cars never came with F60 tires  :alan2cents:

Alan,

Please enlighten me.  I had always heard that the F60-15 was available for the 70-71 e body Hemi's.  Please educate me so that I am no longer the fool!!!
(DOOH!!!!  Reread the initial quote.  Yes, I know Paul Petcou had F60's on his 6 pack car.... went to a G70-14 and found that the rotating mass was less!!!
If looking for more rear rubber, G60 and L60-15 Polyglas are available.  The L60 is equal to a 275/60/15..