Main Menu

Having a hell of a time with the parking brake pedal assembly

Started by Msbaugh440, July 24, 2018, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Msbaugh440

I had to unbolt the 3 bolts on the assembly so I could drive out the pin and replace the release handle.  I unbolted the holder for the cable on the bottom of the assembly and even with the ppedak fully release cannot get it back in the right place.  How do I get this stupid thing to line back up to get the cable in the right place??

See pictures

Cuda Cody

What year is your car?  Have you released the cable back near the rear of the car?  Then you should be able to hook it up and then readjust it the fit after it's hooked up?

Chryco Psycho

the flange on the cable is causing the issue , you have to pull it back so the flange will sit flush

Msbaugh440

It is a 70 Challenger but it looks like the one you posted Cody.  I have removed the brake light switch and the rubber stopper to get the pedal as close to the rear as I can but still can't get the flange chryco is talking about on the cable pulled out enough to get the bracket on!

Is there a way to adjust the cable to allow the thing to be pulled back more? I'm at my wits end with this, e-brake cables are never easy.

HP_Cuda

As Cody stated earlier, you need to release the tension on it by going under the car and backing off the nut on the rear brake adjuster. Once you have the flange in place and tightened down, you tighten the nut back up to where you like the e-brake to feel like.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

Follow the e-brake cable back along the drivers side under the car until it gets to the back and you'll see a spot where the single cable connects to the ear 2 cables.  Loosen it up at that point and it should solve all your problems.