Main Menu

Help me identify this booster please

Started by Zshowket, May 17, 2022, 11:21:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Zshowket

This car was rebuilt in the mid 80's and seems to have been tossed together with a pile of parts from either another car or what was on the shelf.  She is a 1970 440.  I have found many things over the last couple of weeks that are hoky.  So the Master Cylinder is garbage since the brakes just go to the floor and stay there, she is a power drum car.  But as I look at this booster it would seems to be the wrong one, it is so shallow I wonder if it came from a 426 car?  Can someone please advise me on this so I can get the correct one at the same time I upgrade the brakes.

anlauto

Other then not seeing the part numbers on the booster, it looks exactly like the correct one for a 1970 Challenger with a 440.  :alan2cents: The master cylinder is for 4 wheel drum brakes.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Zshowket

Okay good to know.  Every time I try to find one I end up only locating the trapezoid versions - and that is what had me questioning things.  Any thoughts on where to source the right one?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Zshowket

Quote from: anlauto on May 17, 2022, 02:20:20 PM
RockAuto, or any auto parts store likely  :dunno: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1970,challenger,7.2l+440cid+v8,1495993,brake+&+wheel+hub,power+brake+booster,1884

Check the fine print:  "You send your part to be rebuilt and returned to you. We'll email shipping instructions after you submit your order."

Not sure I would do that with any web site.  I have a local guy if I want to rebuild the one I have - I will just do that.

anlauto

If you have a local guy that can do it, then just send it out ? :dunno: Why look for a replacement ?

Zshowket

Quote from: anlauto on May 17, 2022, 04:58:01 PM
If you have a local guy that can do it, then just send it out ? :dunno: Why look for a replacement ?

I only recently learned a few hours ago about the local guy as an option, and I did not want to rebuild the wrong one.  So its always nice to get knowledge from people like you that are willing to help and share.  Thank to everyone  :grouphug:

Spikedog08

I did not think they were available after market . . good to know   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Find the part number and post it  so that you are sure it is the correct part before you rebuild it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee