Main Menu

Hydratech Brakes-- any good?

Started by mopartaz, August 18, 2020, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopartaz

Didn't know these guys were around, looks to be a decent product. Anyone use them? Rate the product?

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/brakeunits.html

Mopsquad

I've had the Hydratech hydraulic booster system on my supercharged '65 Mustang for 9 years.  Solid well put together system.  The same support dude has been there the whole time and offers good support. 

It was a must when dealing with low vacuum situations like a supercharged motor.

7212Mopar

I have it on my car for over a year now. Running with Dr Diff four wheel disc brake setup. I needed this since my engine only has 8 in hg vacuum. Works great, no leaks with good brake modulation. Installation is straight forward. They have choices on master cylinders and I use the Mopar version with the clear reservoir. They also have different finishes to choose. By the time you get the hoses, it is over $1k. I would only use it if you have to. Vacuum booster is a lot cheaper. There is another manufacturer that others had used but I can't remember the name. Also other members had put together the system using parts from other cars. Check with CP and Brad.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

greentween

I put a hydroboost on mine last year. Not hydratech kit, but i was considering that one. Below is a video of completed install. Sorry video not that great. Best upgrade I have done to the car. I bet there is double the pressure to the calipers for the same pedal input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrjRnQGj5fU&t=21s

mopartaz

Thanks for the reply, looks like a good setup.  :bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Added hydroboost to mine many years ago. Adapted a later m-stang unit. Fairly simple if you can mod. I have more cost into the custom hoses than the system.
Works flawless.
Kits are recommended just because of hoses required.
Believe another company possibility is cpp.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Tallon was another name in the business. I have no idea if they are any good, just remembered someone from another site bought a kit a few years back
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jordan

I used Hydratech a bunch of years ago.  It has worked flawless since and was a great upgrade to my four wheel disc brake system.  It has lots of feel and excellent stopping power.  They feel like modern car brakes and I love it.  My engine only makes 6 in of vacuum at idle, so this works for me where a vacuum booster would not have worked well.  The kit is expensive but everything was included to make it work and I had no issues installing it.  That made it worth it to me instead of piecing together parts from the salvage yard and then fabricating lines and fittings to work.  You can do it cheaper if you put in the effort and research.  It is still and excellent upgrade and I recommend it to everyone who actually drives their car.  Be sure to follow the instructions and you have to remove the linkage at the top of the brake pedal so the pedal is direct actuation on the master cylinder push rod. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"