Main Menu

its loose feeling

Started by dougdel, June 30, 2017, 09:26:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dougdel

Installed the stage 3 over the weekend, after just a short test drive all I can say is wow what a difference.  Have a minor leak on the return to take care of yet but a new clamp on the hose should fix that.  Only sad part is the return shipping cost on the old box. UPS is going to  :takemymoney:

303 Mopar

I have a Stage III on my Charger and love it!  Now to save up for the Cuda and Sport Satty.... :bricks:

Shane Kelley

Anybody tried the new Borgeson 14:1 quick ratio box? Looks to be half the weight and size of factory PS box. I have been looking pretty hard at them.  :thinking:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Shane Kelley on August 09, 2017, 10:22:31 AM
Anybody tried the new Borgeson 14:1 quick ratio box? Looks to be half the weight and size of factory PS box. I have been looking pretty hard at them.  :thinking:

I only have 17 miles on my car but am running a borgeson box. The ratio is better, but not quite enough for my liking in an auto cross event. The feel is good, but the entire car is essentially new/upgraded, so it's hard to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on August 09, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

I only have 17 miles on my car but am running a borgeson box. The ratio is better, but not quite enough for my liking in an auto cross event. The feel is good, but the entire car is essentially new/upgraded, so it's hard to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks! :bradsthumb:

7212Mopar

I have the Borgeson box mounted on the k frame but no run time yet, It is smaller and lighter than the factory box for sure. One thing to note is I had to file the splines and use a press to help install the pitman arm. Don't try to use the nut to torque down and hope it will be seated. You end up messing up the threads. I think it is a tolerance issue between the sector shaft and the Moog pitman arm. End up using the factory sector shaft nut which was in better shape.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

moparcar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on August 09, 2017, 10:46:53 AM

Goody,
Do you have standard or fast ratio arms? Is your plan still to do the steering quickener?
Thanks, Wes

Crash520

Here are a couple, not the best sorry guys.
I had asked DD to match the OEM fonts colours wording and location, there were some constraints due to back lighting etc, I'm very happy with the outcome however, I find the volts/fuel, temp/oil a little bland, they could have done with some extra lines under the tick marks or similar. MORE importantly, they should be swapped around so as the oil/temp is beside the tach as I'm always having to look around the steering wheel to eyeball them, if they had of been in the gauge pod along side of the tach it's an easy glance.
I mounted the DD ecu under my steering column bracket which made things pretty easy.
I didn't use the OEM indicator and oil warning lights rather connected all of them together and as the DD dash has a shift light output, turned the three of theses into my shift light as such and they work great.
Don't bother buying the DD dimmer, just leave yours in the switch pod to fill the hole, the DD dash has a user programable day and night illumination adjustment, the dimmer isn't required.
I bought an repop facia and it needed some massaging to get the four gauge surrounds to fit into the DD gauge pods, maybe an OEM would fit better, either way, not a big deal, a little work with the dremel and good to go, I'm adding an oily temp and trans temp to it, whilst these don't show as the primary temp gauge, simply scrolling through the LCD menu button will bring these up to check them and it's easy to do. Speaking of menu buttons there are two micro push buttons you have to install somewhere, I've mounted them upside down under the dash pad in the top of the light switch bezel, to control I simply rest my left thumb on top of the dash pad and my middle and pointer fingers reach under to press on the buttons, easy and out of sight.
Hope that helps some guys
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Shane Kelley

gumby

OMG! I had ordered a set a couple of weeks ago, but after seeing yours, I called and asked if I could change them up?

The person I talked to said that my guages hadn't been shipped yet, and it would be no problem! OMG! THANK YOU!

BIGSHCLUNK

Burdar

Re-check your steering box bolts after you drive the car a little bit.  "Goody" posted on Moparts that his loosened up.   :wrenching: Stay safe!