Main Menu

15x7 2944450 Painted Steel Wheels

Started by schlett7nu1, January 24, 2021, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

schlett7nu1

I picked up an original set of 15x7 2944450 steel wheels reasonably priced. I've always loved the simple aggressive look these have on a 70 Challenger. Especially on Hemi cars.  My 70 Challenger R/T 440 has its original 14x5.5 code W23 Road Wheels. Although I strive to keep the car original I want to change the look of the car in a way that can easily be undone. Any issues with the 15x7 wheels fitting on my car that has 11" drum brakes all around?

Floyd

schlett7nu1

Cuda Cody

Skdmark

Quote from: schlett7nu1 on January 24, 2021, 09:48:01 AM
I picked up an original set of 15x7 2944450 steel wheels reasonably priced. I've always loved the simple aggressive look these have on a 70 Challenger. Especially on Hemi cars.  My 70 Challenger R/T 440 has its original 14x5.5 code W23 Road Wheels. Although I strive to keep the car original I want to change the look of the car in a way that can easily be undone. Any issues with the 15x7 wheels fitting on my car that has 11" drum brakes all around?

I've been considering doing the same on my '71 Challenger.
Mine is also a W23 road wheel car (had 14" Rallye's on it when I bought it).
Love to see before and after pictures once you get them mounted up.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Floyd

Hard to beat the look of steeliness.  I dabbled with 450s for a few years but switched backed to Rallyes this summer.  Original Rallye wheel car.

Skdmark

@Floyd  Totally sinister. Love the look with either.

@schlett7nu1 Are you going body color (OEM correct for 70) or black on yours?
I hear ya about WI hibernation, I'm between Milwaukee and Madison.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

schlett7nu1

I'm not sure on the color. Body color would be correct. I'm in Hartland. Likely not far from you. We should hook up at Jefferson or another local show once this virus gets under control.

Skdmark

Not too far. About 15 minutes away in Oconomowoc.
-Harlan Ellison

anlauto

I like the look of anything but steel wheels... :alan2cents: I think your convertible looks fantastic as is... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

schlett7nu1

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes relatively simple appearance changes can help rekindle the love affair after many years.

floorit426

Quote from: schlett7nu1 on January 24, 2021, 04:34:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes relatively simple appearance changes can help rekindle the love affair after many years.
...said the man, who's wife was going in for breast augmentation! :wowzers: