Main Menu

Leaf spring ID

Started by Choppintime, November 12, 2019, 12:17:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Choppintime

I've got a set of springs that came with my Challenger. Was told they are Hemi springs but I have no way of verifying. Anyway part numbers stamped on bottom are : 2539963 on both springs. Also they had 3549073 printed on them with a "Made in Canada " next to that.

Front spring eyelet looks to be 1 1/2". Wondering what these are and if they are E body or B body?

Any help is appreciated.

Choppintime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choppintime

js27

Not sure--these were on my 70 R/T conv--383 auto car so that rules that out.
JS27

blown motor

Do they both have the same number of leafs? If they were hemi springs wouldn't the passenger side have an extra leaf. I have a 68 Charger R/T and I was told the R/T cars got an extra leaf on the passenger side which my springs have. Maybe that wasn't true in 70, 71.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Choppintime

Both have the same number of leafs - 6 or 7 If I remember correctly

anlauto

I've been searching your part numbers...but got nothing  :dunno: Might have to go old school and dig out my original parts books...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Choppintime

Do you think they may be Mopar Performance springs? The " Made in Canada " led me to believe they were originals. I have no clue........

The front spring eyelet is 1 1/2" like I stated. Aren't they usually larger? 2" ?

anlauto

The painted on number is NOT in the Mopar Performance Catalog that I have here :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

Very likely a non factory spring . Most of the factory sets I have seen have odd & even part #s specifying Left or right side , most were different from side to side , do they have 1/2 leafs , forward only ?

anlauto

I couldn't find that casted number in any of my 70-71 parts books  :dunno:

Choppintime

I may just order new springs. 440/4 speed Dana rear convertible.

Any suggestions what to get and where?

340challconvert

Quote from: Choppintime on November 13, 2019, 04:07:15 PM
I may just order new springs. 440/4 speed Dana rear convertible.

Any suggestions what to get and where?

I think they are b body?;
I found 2539965 was a standard rear springs for a 383 with an axle package, or 440-4bbl, 440-6bbl or 426 in 1969 (close # to yours)
They were superseded by 2808366 and 2808367
check section 17-11 and 12 in the 69 parts book
http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/partscatalogs/69_Mopar_Parts_Catalog.zip

Try these guys Highly recommended
http://www.springsnthings.com/leaf-spring.htm

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: they are a good supplier

ShakerBoy

I'm restoring my car and I'll be selling my Super Stock springs off my '70 Challenger very soon. Everything will be included so you can bolt them right up. I will also include both the standard and offset hangers. In addition, I need to sell my Dana 60 4.88 gears and "A" body length racing axles. Let me know if anyone needs some great springs.