Main Menu

Lower Balljoint Rebuilding

Started by TWS, May 28, 2023, 04:33:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

I'm looking for a source to rebuild original lower ball joints.  Years ago flipping through Hemmings you would see several companies specializing in rebuilding ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.  A Hemmings or internet search has not been successful.  Anyone know of any businesses that still do this work?

pschlosser

I've always thought those adds were for suspension parts one could no longer get replaced, and when people had no other options.  As most of us know, one-off rebuilds will cost more than mass produced goods.

We still have many options still available to us, for replacement suspension parts.   Parts designed to wear out, periodically.  Really nice brands, too, such as TRW and Moog, to name a few.

Mr Cuda

Got to have original for your hemi car!!

Skdmark

@TWS

I found this guy while doing a little google searching on your topic. Unfortunately, he's in Australia.
https://www.facebook.com/theballjointdoctor/
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Ns1aar

dodj

Why rebuild the original ball joint? Not satisfied with current offerings?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Moparmade

R/T's 4 R/P

Seems like the type of thing Steer and Gear could do.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

TWS

Thanks everyone.  Rareparts.com used to do this service years ago, but they keep busy doing custom aftermarket suspension parts now and no longer offer the service.