Main Menu

Magnum 500's

Started by broughj, December 23, 2020, 04:39:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

broughj

Looking to buy 15" magnum 500's for my Challenger.  My brother put Wheel Vintiques Magnum 500's on a TBird about 4 years ago and he is not happy with them, rusting through the chrome and poor black paint adhesion. Summit lists Wheel Vintiques, Coker (Specialty wheel), and Scott Drake 15" steel/chrome magnum 500's.  Are there really 3 different manufacturers?  The Scott Drake wheels are a lot more expensive, but if much better quality they may be worth it.

John

anlauto

The Scott Drake wheels are aluminum, so I doubt they'll rust. It's likely the other two are from the same manufacture, or at least made at the same place. Nothing is made to last these days... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bills Auto Works

If you can afford it, go with the aluminum wheels! I have also heard complaints about cheap plating not lasting on the other ones + you lose some unsprung weight. I have 2 vehicles that will get them. 1 will get the aluminum ones for sure, the other I am undecided on. I may check into finding a good used set & having them plated myself, that way I know the quality of the chrome.

God Bless & Merry Christmas
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

Poolshark314

YearOne and Classic also have some 15" Magnums available. Can't comment on the quality of them though.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

1 Wild R/T

Wheel Vintiques makes them for Coker, Year One & Classic...  Back when Wheel Vintiques was out of Central California & owned by Mike Stallings they made a pretty good wheel, the wheels on my Challenger were made by them in 95... Mike sold the company around 2005 & I haven't heard much good since....

6bblgt

Scott Drake is a big Mustang reproduction parts house

these 15x7.0" MAGNUM 500 are 1971 model year FoMoCo reproductions   :takealook:  (14" centers with 15" hoops & will NOT clear some aftermarket disc brakes)

anlauto

Excellent find Dan, I thought he only had the aluminum ones :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration