Main Menu

moog part # for 71 cuda leaf spring rear shackle bushings

Started by culp71, August 11, 2020, 07:51:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

trying to find the correct moog part # for a 71 cuda leaf spring rear shackle rubber bushings, I find some list as K7308 and some K7309. please advise as no place can tell me the difference. I did email Moog but no reply.

culp71

ok I see some size info thanks, they are to go into my JEGs Mopar Performance  XHD (Leaf Spring 1970-74 E-Body) if that makes a difference.

anlauto

The ones you get from MOOG will seem small on the outside diameter  :alan2cents: I still use them when I have to.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

culp71

ok, I had replaced all leaf spring bushings with poly, thinking it be better, but no matter what I do they always creak when I hit any little bump, even just the cracks across a lane, so I am looking to replace them all out with stock rubber style. it could also be a little softer of a ride...so rubber would help this too.
as long as they don't make noise ill be happy.

Scooter

Quote from: culp71 on August 11, 2020, 08:43:11 AM
ok, I had replaced all leaf spring bushings with poly, thinking it be better, but no matter what I do they always creak when I hit any little bump, even just the cracks across a lane, so I am looking to replace them all out with stock rubber style. it could also be a little softer of a ride...so rubber would help this too.
as long as they don't make noise ill be happy.

Are you sure it's the leafs and not the shock bushings or something else?

My experience has been once those poly's are greased up they are silent.

I just installed both sides on mine... twice... don't ask.  :-[

culp71

I thought the same thing, so I did remove the shocks for a short ride to verify this as I thought it was odd as well, but the sound was still there...

Rich G.

It's crazy that the Moog part number is the same but the bushings are a lot smaller now. I did use them though.