Main Menu

NiCopp brake line ?

Started by MRM82, March 23, 2019, 02:06:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MRM82

Ive been debating switching MC to one with a different bore size to get a different feel at the pedal. Last time i did extensive brake work on the car though i had terrible luck with getting the new steel lines to not weep at the flared fitting ends. I was curious has anyone used this NiCopp brake line? If your not worried about original looks seems like it may form to a previously seated  brass cone, in the proportioning valves or wherever else, easier than steel. Any experience ?

Thanks!

jimynick

No personal experience, but speaking to the lads in the supply stores, it's reported as being much softer and easier to form than standard mild steel 3/26" line. It's not cheap and I am, so I haven't given it a whirl yet.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

FSHTAIL

Both of my front lines were garbage when doing a braided brake line swap. 

Ni-copp works great.      Like a rose gold in color.    I'm not a hood popper, not too worried about originality.   

Function function function.   
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Flatdad

Its the only line material I use now for brakes and fuel. It will NEVER rust, and it will never need replaced.

I think its actually harder to get a good flare though. Since its so soft, it wants to push through the clamp when forming the flare. Its way easier to form your curves though.

In areas with lots of road salt like mine, having brake lines that won't corrode is literally a life saver.

7212Mopar

I remade the transmission cooler lines cu-ni tubing. They cost more on material but very easy to work.I did the brake lines with pre bend brake line kit in steel. If I ever do brake lines and fuel lines again, I will go with cu-ni tubing.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket