Main Menu

No Leaf spring pads on 74 Challenger

Started by Scooter, May 24, 2020, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Quick question: 74 challenger leafs, do they use pads? I have a new set of leafs and hangers on the way with new bushings. Am getting ready to buy the reinforcement plates from Roseville and figured I'd get the pads from them as well. I can't findem on the website and none appear to be installed currently. Does a 74 Challenger roll sans pads? 

:dunno:

Katfish

What pads are you referring to?
Leaf springs come already assembled.
The leaf spring perch (pad?) is welded to the axle housing.

anlauto

I don't recall any E Body using "pads" on the leaf springs, or maybe I'm not understanding what you're referring to ? :thinking: Do you have a picture of the pad ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

Maybe there are none or I'm asking the wrong question. Other cars I've owned have a pad or isolater between the leaf and the landing it sits on. I'm not seeing any on my challenger, maybe that's how it supposed to be? I'm used to seeing something like this on top and bottom of the leaf spring stack:

1 Wild R/T

There are no isolation pads on any E body..

Scooter

anlauto

Ahhhh yea those....now I get ya ! Pretty much a B Body thing I think... :brainiac:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP2

Those started in 72 on all B bodies and then into the F, J M bodies.  72-76 E and A bodies never got them because they were going end of life.