Main Menu

original 440-4 speed dana 1970 cuda

Started by mike ketterer, January 30, 2021, 08:31:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mike ketterer

i was trying to find out on a original 440 4 speed dana rear. what are the original rear shock plate suppose to be. if their suppose to be the the deeper ones where the shock stud is or the shallower ones. also being a original white leather overhead console interior are the door panels suppose to have the trim insert in them. the original door panel where gone.  we have a original broadcast sheet for the car. pictures of originals would be awesome

JS29

I do believe it would have come with the wood grain inserts on the trim panel's.  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

all 1970 e-bodies used the "deep" rear shock plates except for the "TRANS AM" cars that used the b-body "shallow" shock plates

'cudas with the leather interior OPTION are said to have left the factory "with" woodgrain inserts & "without" also with 'cuda emblems or with Gran Coupe emblems
50+years later: I don't think we will ever know what the original intention was, which ones were mistakes VS. production changes (early/late) VS. part shortages VS. parts changed after the factory

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mike ketterer

thanks 6BBLGT your input very respected. thanks for your reply

6bblgt

years ago I looked at an unrestored (in need of restoration) white leather interior January '70 scheduled 'cuda convertible

its panels had 'cuda emblems & NO woodgrain   :dunno:   I'll assume these were its original panels, but were they?

is this the "NORM" or an exception: because it was January or because it was a convertible   :dunno:

mike ketterer