Main Menu

Power/Disc Brakes Dissapointments continue

Started by docmel, July 31, 2020, 05:19:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

I am on computer # 8 in 8 weeks , I own 5 all have failed , I borrowed 1 it also failed , I put my hard drive into an older computer , G & H did not work so I went over to my friends place & stuffed my hard drive into another abandoned computer that he had lying around & I am now using it temporarily until someone can figure out why neither of my desktop computers will run   :Thud:
Scarebird does conversion kits also using common cheap parts to do conversion kits , usually far cheaper that buying a kit FYI
The outer pushrod is adjustable aslo as you now know !

docmel

Rog, I knew the outer pushrod was adjustable, and thats what I am up to now. 

Test driving exp #1:  Car up on jack I adjusted so there was just a slight drag at the wheels;  Drove about 1/2 mile, and it was apprarent the adj I made was too long.  The brakes felt as if the pedal was pressed down on.  I was lucky to get it back home

Test 2: With a minor adjustment, too loose.  I barley had brakes

Test 3:  Just about right, maybe too loose

Test 4:  Spot on

To others, that adjustment is very sensitive.  A tad will do you

One thing that made it easy is that the adjustment is easy.  Take off the two bolts that hold the booster to the master cylinder, move the master cylinder slightly out and slightly to the side, just enough to see the adjuster, and make your adjustement.  Put it back together   Takes like 5 minutes, a 9/16 wrench, and for me, a smaller rench for the adjuster nut

Bottom line:  Going from manual to power was the right choice for me.  My brakes feel like the ones in my 2016 GMC 3500.  Very responsive.  I just wish somone at the helm who sells these kits like the one I got would get more involved on the customer side than just selling kits to make $$