Main Menu

Rallye rims and tires dealer

Started by Shoooter, January 06, 2017, 09:03:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Who does everyone use to order rallye rims and polyglass tires from? Also what is the correct tire size?

anlauto

I've been ordering all my tires from Summit Racing lately only because they have the absolute best deal on International shipping.....AND I have an account with Kelsey Tire....So what does that tell you....

Probably for rally rims I would try the same Summit Racing....FREE Shipping really helps in the end cost :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I've gotten them from Dave at Roseville and I this he uses Wheel Vintiques.  Summit with the free shipping would be a good option too since you live up north. 

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/wheels/muscle/56-series-chrysler-rallye-powder-coat-silver-standard-pattern.html

It's the Trim Ring that is hard to find.  The only ones that I know are even close are the ones Wheel Vintiques sells and they are a Chevy style.  The profile is wrong, but they work if you do not have good originals.  Don't think anyone is making correct 15" Trim Rings for E-Bodies.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Didn't realize the OP was in Canada, therefore disregard the "FREE" shipping part, but the Summit Racing web site tells you the TOTAL International price you pay BEFORE you order  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

Ok thanks for the info. My mother in law lives 30 min from the boarder and can pick them up if I want them shipped in the states. What is the correct tire size for a 71 Cuda?

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on January 06, 2017, 08:32:36 PM
Ok thanks for the info. My mother in law lives 30 min from the boarder and can pick them up if I want them shipped in the states. What is the correct tire size for a 71 Cuda?

F70X14's or E60X15's if it was a Hemi car it would have F60X15's

Shoooter

I wish it was a hemi car. Don't see one in my future

70/6chall

Cody, I didn't realize that original trim rings for Rallye wheels were that hard to come by. I figured if you needed these parts for your resto, you could just go after market, guess not. For several years, when I had 14" aluminum, "general lee" style wheels on the car 1980-1995. I had thought of selling the rallyes as complete wheel set-up, but I stacked  them up in the garage and left them there. When I put on the 3rd paint job I brought them out of hibernation. Blasted and repainted them basically just restored them. As for the 14" trim rings, they are original with not a blemish, I had them professionally cleaned up and polished out, because I like the looks of the chrome 15"s. Take a look.
           Thanks,   Al

erik70rt

Another vote for getting rallye wheels from Summit.  They carry the Wheel Vintiques and the price is right in line.  The trim rings were OK, too.  Where Summit falls short is the center caps.  They are not even close to original in hue.   Here are a couple of pics.  The Summit sold center cap is on the left.

Free shipping on any order over $99 is a big plus.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.