Main Menu

Electronic ignition introduction??

Started by BigSig 6 Barrel, September 21, 2019, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BigSig 6 Barrel

Does anyone know the date (or have an fairly accurate estimate) as to when Chrysler Corp. started installing electronic ignitions on the E-Bodies ?

~ A Wise Man Knows He Isn't

Chryco Psycho

I depends on the engine , the 340 had it optional first

BigSig 6 Barrel

Thanks . . . . I'm curious about the V code cars in particular.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

No V code E Bodies ever had electronic ignition... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BigSig 6 Barrel

Thanks dodj, Psycho & anlauto  . . .  someone must have converted mine   :notsure:
The thing is, the wiring harness that connects to the box looks so original to me.

Oh well, you guys would know !
This site is awesome, and I'm grateful I found it.

Chryco Psycho

You can order harnesses that include the wiring for Electronic so yes the wiring can look factory

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 21, 2019, 01:53:06 PM
You can order harnesses that include the wiring for Electronic so yes the wiring can look factory

The problem with the appearance of the M&H converted harnesses is that they use a four prong ballast resistor. I prefer to use the conversion kit myself and retain the two prong ballast...however, I also like hiding the ECU inside the car :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration