Main Menu

Rear Suspension RMS KIT LYNX

Started by zazou, February 18, 2018, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

zazou

Hello Bodies-boys !

I go command "The RMS KIT LYNX"

This:https://www.reillymotorsports.com/street-lynx-70-74-e-body.html

Who a here  instal the kit for cuda or challenger car, positive feedback ?

Thank dav :fingerscrossed:
Plymouth Cuda 1973 - Normandie-France

Chryco Psycho

What are you wanting to accomplish ?

zazou

hello chryco !

accomplish  :notsure:

answer: modern suspension, removal of bars , a real suspension

currently suspension is horrible  :looney:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: zazou on February 18, 2018, 09:54:37 AM
hello chryco !

"Modern" suspensions still heavily rely on proper tuning and spring selection. New doesn't always equal better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ToxicWolf

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on February 18, 2018, 11:44:11 AM
Quote from: zazou on February 18, 2018, 09:54:37 AM
hello chryco !

"Modern" suspensions still heavily rely on proper tuning and spring selection. New doesn't always equal better.

I agree.  I like to think of the whole suspension as a single unit.  You have to make sure all of the parts work together well.  :wave:

Chryco Psycho

OK As usual ,
I recommend really researching this Before spending your $$
all of these cars were under sprung but you can get a long way without changing the whole design, the system was not flawed so much as under tuned .
Hotchkiss for one & a very good complete package , also read through Brads build .
T bars are a very good design so get some big diameter bars , the weight is low & in the center of the chassis & adjustable which works very well  , rack front steering has never been properly sorted out for Mopars & they turn like aircraft carriers in heavy seas & use Mustang II parts , not a good situation , in the rear you can use composite leafs .
If you increase the spring rates & match up adjustable shocks & much larger sway bars you can make a Mopar corner at close to or above 1 G

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 18, 2018, 07:29:06 PM
OK As usual ,
I recommend really researching this Before spending your $$
all of these cars were under sprung but you can get a long way without changing the whole design, the system was not flawed so much as under tuned .
Hotchkiss for one & a very good complete package , also read through Brads build .
T bars are a very good design so get some big diameter bars , the weight is low & in the center of the chassis & adjustable which works very well  , rack front steering has never been properly sorted out for Mopars & they turn like aircraft carriers in heavy seas & use Mustang II parts , not a good situation , in the rear you can use composite leafs .
If you increase the spring rates & match up adjustable shocks & much larger sway bars you can make a Mopar corner at close to or above 1 G

Great advice as usual.  :clapping:

HP2

There are a few of advantages that come from using these types of coil over kits;1) coil overs are very compact and light weight. You will save some weight over the stock system.  2) coil springs come in a wide variety of rates from very light to very heavy in 50# separation. This allows very fine tuning of the resulting wheel rate.  3)coil over systems allow rapid springs changes and easy ride height adjustments on all four wheels. Unless these three criteria are of paramount importance to you and will be used regularly, the biggest advantage of going to a coil over system is that someone else put all the rate balancing and dampening requirements into a package for you

Typically coil overs do not provide significant improvements in geometry over the stock mopar set up. They can create different stress load paths in the original uni-body structure. Coil overs will bring with them different problems based on the geometry they are based on, such as rear end squat and the potential for binding with the four link system. Since the front torsion bar system can be adjusted for ride height very easily, the height adjustment of coil overs is only a benefit for the rear.

As Chryco points out, a few changes to the stock system can yield significant improvements and keep you car within the confines of your local inspections. The only real problem with the stock system is lack of spring rate and lack of alignment range. Springs rates can be easily stepped up and controlled with good shocks. The lack of alignment range can be improved with  purpose built upper control arms to give a greater range of adjustment.

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: & well said , I am glad you are here & contribute @HP2

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 19, 2018, 04:18:30 PM
:iagree: & well said , I am glad you are here & contribute @HP2

Agreed. People are quick to think that old must be bad. Mopar was pretty advanced for their time and the setup can be made to do very well. Better than the average driver can manage, anyway.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I think a lot of people install these kits because it looks cool :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on February 20, 2018, 06:01:55 AM
I think a lot of people install these kits because it looks cool :alan2cents:
:iagree:  I'm extremely happy with upgraded stock designed suspension on my Cuda. :banana:

HP2

Thanks guys.

I do admit these kits look very nice. They also bring a broader range of adjustability to them and since you are buying a kit, all the formulas for rates and dampening have been figured to be pretty close, and most companies will give you one free rate exchange with their kit on the chance you want it firmer or softer. If the same level of analysis is applied to the original set up, it too can significantly step up its performance and comfort levels while still having a little bit of adjustability.  Firm Feel, Hotchkis, and XV have all done significant amounts of research on the stock systems to accomplish this and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these vendors.

Since our original poster is in France. I do not know what restrictions may exist for his car within his country and local region. I know some of our Swiss members have brutally restrictive road regulations and if something was not offered as a stock option, their motor police will not allow it at all. Other areas of Europe seem to have a bit more flexibility, but not nearly as much as the US or Australia. This can be a big factor on what modifications can be  installed on a vehicle.

zazou

Thank you for everyone's feedback !

the idea is to improve the car too.

For regulation law, it's optimization ..

it is compliant if the product is of reinforced security

no one here on the forum has set up a lynx?

Chryco Psycho

I set up a 4 link that was either Lynx or  similar but never drove the car , it used air ride suspension , the customer was happy with the suspension but said he would not do the air ride again