Main Menu

Rear Sway Bar Bushings

Started by erik70rt, April 05, 2024, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Does anyone repop the rear sway bar bushings?  Prefer rubber.

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

EV2RTSE

I recently replaced mine, did some looking around for rubber bushings but didn't turn up anything that looked like would fit well. Ended up going with these polys after searching some of the old threads on the forums.

https://teamenergysuspension.com/product/energy-suspension-9-5106g-3-4in-sway-bar-bushing-set/

Discarded the brackets they come with as they fit in the original brackets very well. The design is slightly different than original, they have a lip that protrudes on either side of the bracket while the originals fit in flush. Drilled out the spot welds and I've seen where some have bolted them back together, we rewelded ours. Looks really clean.

erik70rt

Quote from: EV2RTSE on April 05, 2024, 01:24:01 PMI recently replaced mine, did some looking around for rubber bushings but didn't turn up anything that looked like would fit well. Ended up going with these polys after searching some of the old threads on the forums.

https://teamenergysuspension.com/product/energy-suspension-9-5106g-3-4in-sway-bar-bushing-set/

Discarded the brackets they come with as they fit in the original brackets very well. The design is slightly different than original, they have a lip that protrudes on either side of the bracket while the originals fit in flush. Drilled out the spot welds and I've seen where some have bolted them back together, we rewelded ours. Looks really clean.

I ordered those bushings and drilled out the spot welds.  When I put the new bushing into the bracket, it fits well but definitely is larger than the original.  They create about 1/8" gap between the top and bottom of the original brackets.  Did you trim them to fit?  Did yours create this gap?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

EV2RTSE

We just clamped them tight before spot welding back together, no trimming was needed. It compresses the bushing some yet still allows for the bar to rotate within the bracket.