Main Menu

Correct wheel cylinder screws

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, November 05, 2022, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

I am looking for a complete set of wheel cylinder screws.
1/4"- 20.
Is Either the 3/8" head style or the 7/16" head style, correct? (I am not sure if one style was used at differ times of the year..or if is random.)

If anyone sells them new...let me know as I have not been able to find them. Good used is fine.
Maybe AMK, but they have a minimum purchase.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Not that it helps....But I just dismantled a rear end out of an AAR I'm restoring....it had two different styles, one on each side...yet the wheel cylinders both matched and looked original :dunno: not saying it left the factory that way, a lot can happen in 52 years, but I found it odd... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

R/T's 4 R/P

Thanks.
Not sure how i missed the Partsmix option in my searches...

It would seem to me that the 3/8 head version would be the factory option as it seems like something goofy Chrysler would have done. Anyone else, including the aftermarket would just use a standard fastener. But I could also see this as one of those places where they used screws from different suppliers.
I also have found some with the 5/16 screw size (1/2" head)...which I think were later aftermarket.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT