Main Menu

Soften ride in rear suspension

Started by moparmike, May 15, 2018, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

moparmike

Has anyone had success softening the rear end of challenger/cuda. I can't even ride over a cigarette butt without feeling it. Thanks
Mike

Burdar

What shocks are you running?  A good set of shocks will help a lot.  By "good" shocks, I don't mean Monroe or parts store brand.

What springs are you running?  A worn out set of springs could cause the rear end bumper to contact the floor.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Even with the XHD springs I don't think these cars ride that bad but you need good shocks.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Lots of options such as Composite springs at any spring rate , , get a good double adjustable shock to work with them .

autoxcuda

I've seen people tighten u-bolts incorrectly and leaf bushings and bind the springs.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

HP2

As suggested, it can be done. Lets start with a list of what you have now; leafs, style - part numbers - leaf count; shocks -brand is probably sufficient, bushings styles -type -age, assembled by  whom and how?