Main Menu

****SOLVED*** Parking brake assembly and cable

Started by Wedg2Go, August 21, 2017, 11:50:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Wedg2Go

***SOLVED***
How do you disconnect the parking brake cable from the parking brake assembly on the 1970 Challenger?

Daveh

I used a pair of bent needle nose pliers to wiggle it out while a put light pressure on the on / off rod.  Only took me only a couple of minutes. 

Wedg2Go

Ok? Then how does it go back together at the parking brake assembly?

BTW - Easy enough to part assembly from fender. Still can't part cable from assembly...Continuing wiggling.

Thanks!

Brads70

Further back , about under the back seat you should have an adjuster. Vice grips and a wrench adjust it till there is slack then you should have enough space to wiggle the assembly loose.

Wedg2Go

Thanks Brad!

Still accomplished zero. I still can't seem to get the cable widget off the end of the cable. And the saddle, which the cable goes through has no slot to wiggle it out. This while squatting all day and jacking the car up a little to loosen the other side of the cable (I can't wait until I get my paid for lift installed. It's only a month late). Then to top it all off, my brand new brake release handle got fried in the shop light (don't ask)!

Right now, life is good as I am working on my second round of Mike's Lemonade and watching the sunset behind the Rockies.