Main Menu

Sway Bar End Link Bushings

Started by erik70rt, June 21, 2018, 08:56:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Are the same bushings used for the front and rear sway bar end links?  I'm about to install the rear sway bar, and the bushings I picked up seem like they are too big, I can't get the washers and nuts on the ends of the links. 

I picked up a set of front end way bar bushings from Classic Industries.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

erik70rt

Cuda Cody

What bushings are you using?  I do not recall ever having any issues getting them installed.

erik70rt

I have poly bushings.  Also, I'm doing the rear, not the front.

Burdar

The front is just a bolt so it's easy to get those installed.  The back is a double ended stud.  They factory didn't give you a lot of threads to work with.  Poly bushings make it even worse because they don't compress like a stock rubber bushing.

This doesn't really answer your question but...I've seen a lot of stock end link studs that were bent.  I think they were undersized from the factory.  A poly bushing is going to put even more stress on them.  I wonder if it would be a better idea to use a grade 5 or 8 bolt?  You'd have to make a spacer but that shouldn't be hard.

If you want to stay stock, then maybe get some rubber bushings on order. :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

I've only ever used the stock rubber bushings.  I tried Poly Bushings once a long time ago and it didn't matter how much grease or lube I used the squeak would always come back.  Never gave them another chance after that.  The stock rubber ones fit perfect. 

You can check with @MoparDave  but I think this is the one he sells me and that I've used in the past.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/sway-bar-end-link-bushing-kit/products_id/8484

erik70rt

Thanks, Cody!  I'll call Dave and order a set.  I looked online and saw they wanted $18.33 to ship them!