Main Menu

taking brake booster apart

Started by realn96, November 12, 2017, 05:11:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

I know where this is going to take me .. Back to the rebuilder. I got my booster back from the booster rebuilder cross country! Try to install it yesterday ,and found out the back of the booster is 90% off from the front booster. So it won't mount. I hate to have to ship it back and all that. was wondering if I could do it myself? I know I know send it back. Hes closed till Tomorrow.. Born loser. Even when I do try and do the right thing , things go wrong. He's probably done a million of theses and I get the only one he makes a mistake on! :crying:
BTW its a bendix so it has the crimps not the band
just venting!

1 Wild R/T

As you said, you know the answer... Sorry about your luck....

fc7cuda

Send it back.  I had this happen earlier this year with a local guy, thought the same thing at first and then wised up after reading about how it's assembled.  He should cover the shipping both ways at least.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Call them up, Ship it back on their dime....idiots... :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That's car restorations for you, I know some guys restore a car in six days but glitches like this always slow me down.
Sheldon

realn96

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advise! Hate when I had a plan for the day and this happens. Oh well. Lets hope he does cover the shipping both ways. It was $42 each way!!  :headbang:

anlauto

If shipping is that much, how much did you pay to have it rebuilt ?

You know you can get real nice clean rebuilt ones from RockAuto for less then $100....more like $70 plus core .... :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: realn96 on November 12, 2017, 08:43:43 AM
Oh well. Lets hope he does cover the shipping both ways. :headbang:

He should, or he'll end up on my "do not use" list.  :thumbdown:

71GranCoupe

:iagree:

A good reputable vendor will realize he made a legit mistake and bend over backwards to make it right. If he is not this caliber, I probably wouldn't let him fix it anyway.  :alan2cents:

realn96

Quote from: anlauto on November 12, 2017, 09:35:45 AM
If shipping is that much, how much did you pay to have it rebuilt ?

You know you can get real nice clean rebuilt ones from RockAuto for less then $100....more like $70 plus core .... :yes:

total was $200 with shipping

Roadman

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on November 12, 2017, 12:54:31 PM
:iagree:

A good reputable vendor will realize he made a legit mistake and bend over backwards to make it right. If he is not this caliber, I probably wouldn't let him fix it anyway.  :alan2cents:
:iagree:  If he screwed it up the first time, lick your wounds and move on.  :alan2cents:

realn96

Fwiw
Booster guys is making good on shipping each way!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: realn96 on November 13, 2017, 09:33:13 AM
Fwiw

Good Deal... As it should be...  BTW never hear of Booster guys & a Google search didn't turn them up.... Is this Booster Dewey? Who ever it is deserves a plug, sometimes things happen, we don't like it but it's reality... When they do the right thing I feel it deserves mention...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 13, 2017, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: realn96 on November 13, 2017, 09:33:13 AM
Fwiw

Good Deal... As it should be...  BTW never hear of Booster guys & a Google search didn't turn them up.... Is this Booster Dewey? Who ever it is deserves a plug, sometimes things happen, we don't like it but it's reality... When they do the right thing I feel it deserves mention...

:iagree: Sounds like the vendor has stepped up to the plate. Let us know how this turns out and as Randy said, if the company has made this right, we all need to know. With the integrity that appears to be building, I would not hesitate to use them in the future.  :cheers:

realn96

Yes it is Dewey! He was as nice as could be about it. He was real surprised it happened/ Its all good. I know , believe me I have had my share of "comebacks". But like dewey I step up to the plate and do the right thing . . It is what it is!! :handshake: