Main Menu

Tire Stickers [letters] or no Tire Stickers?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, August 13, 2018, 04:13:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Saw a car with them at the Nats. Not a fan. You still see the real tire info on the sidewall with the letters stuck on top. Your car is way too nice for that.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Burdar on August 13, 2018, 04:36:53 AM
Saw a car with them at the Nats. Not a fan. You still see the real tire info on the sidewall with the letters stuck on top. Your car is way too nice for that.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I agree that is not ideal, but one does need to be a foot away from it to get to that level of detail.

These tires have about a year of life in them, I'm thinking I may try them and if they don't grow on me I won't put them on the next set.

I think I'll do a standard block letter, fairly small "nitto nt555" on one side and "radial g/t" on the other. Like if nitto made that 17" tire in 1972.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Your car, Your choice.... My vote... No!!! Blackwall all the way!!!  :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 13, 2018, 05:45:08 AM
Your car, Your choice.... My vote... No!!! Blackwall all the way!!!  :alan2cents:

:iagree:  Blackwalls look great on your car!

Brads70

Humm tough call IMO. The sizing you chose is "right" IMO, usually they are "overdone" size wise but I can't help but think this is a automotive " fashion fad" usually done to tuner cars and that not long from now we will look back on and think " what the heck was I thinking" Kinda like overdone plastic surgery...
I REALLY admire your car just the way it is, it has it's own unique personality and I'm undecided as to whether this will enhance it?  I guess coming from a circle track background I never understood the point of putting manufacturers decal on a car unless they actually did something to support your endeavour. Why make a beautiful moving billboard and advertise/promote a business for free?

I'm wondering if someone is ready for another car to work on.... :Stirring:  I know that's my problem!  :yes: 

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 13, 2018, 05:45:08 AM

Sticking with the black walls, I think it's something I won't be sure on until I try it. I've ever been very good with aesthetic changes.

Quote from: Brads70 on August 13, 2018, 05:59:09 AM
Humm tough call IMO. The sizing you chose is "right" IMO, usually they are "overdone" size wise but I can't help but think this is a automotive " fashion fad" usually done to tuner cars and that not long from now we will look back on and think " what the heck was I thinking" Kinda like overdone plastic surgery...
I REALLY admire your car just the way it is, it has it's own unique personality and I'm undecided as to whether this will enhance it?  I guess coming from a circle track background I never understood the point of putting manufacturers decal on a car unless they actually did something to support your endeavour. Why make a beautiful moving billboard and advertise/promote a business for free?

I'm wondering if someone is ready for another car to work on.... :Stirring:  I know that's my problem!  :yes:

Thanks for the feedback Brad. I've tried to walk the line of "factory" or at least the "correct" look for a muscle car...with a modern twist as much as possible. For this, I feel it could be a late tweak that really helps pull that in. The good thing is, it's not permanent, I'll need new tires next year and i rather experiment with what I have now.

The white letters are just something that isn't used anymore. I think if I can nail the font and sizing, it'll set the car apart that much more.

I don't agree with how people use them today, the letters can be as tall as the sidewall on some, I don't get that.

As far as something else to work on? Yea, I'm itching a bit, the Warlock is next in queue. However the Cuda does need a Whipple on it, that's been my "stage 2" plan for awhile now. I just need a kid out of daycare to afford it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Burdar

Right before you replace the tires, you could paint the lettering that's already there...just to see what it would look like.  To help the paint dry, just do a big burnout and "use up" the remaining tread.  :bradsthumb:

If you still need the small block engine bolt info, PM me.  There is a lot of info in the fastener guide.(an awful lot to type out) Maybe you want to borrow my guide?  You could also call me up and I could give the info to you over the phone? Up to you.

HP2

I like the look of RWL when a car is parked, but when they are driving, not so much. If you have enough RWL font on a tire, it turns into a whitewall while driving.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on August 13, 2018, 04:30:16 AM
I like white lettered tires... :alan2cents:
I am with @anlauto , but what ever each person wants. I have had white letters on my cars every since I started driving, long time ago LOL
Get in, I'll drive

JS29

I am A fan of raised white letter tires as well!  :1place:

Claudia

I don't know about stickers but I am another vote for the raised white letters.  :alan2cents:

Cudakiller70

Lean a little to the white letting, looks racer  :stayinlane: Either way it looks good. They do make tire pens, wonder how easy it is to put on or take off so depending how you feel......

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Claudia on August 13, 2018, 10:40:13 AM
I don't know about stickers but I am another vote for the raised white letters.  :alan2cents:
I LOVE the look of a T/A
Get in, I'll drive