Main Menu

Whats your fav 70's rims for E Bodies?

Started by tparker, April 23, 2024, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

I've been looking for a set of Spyders for my Barracuda.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Chryco Psycho

I hated SS wheels impossible to mount with the unilug , chrome peeling Arrrg  :steamingmad:
 Like the Torque Thrust , Welds , ralleys of course , even the 17" or old school slots are so cool !

1973Cuda

17" Rallyes for me.

bentpshrods

On my first car (1965 impala SS) I had E-T slotted mags. I really like that look. Any one of these four look good on an E body.

b5cuda

17" American Racing "coke bottles." Or Keystones or Weld Drag Star.

shawge

I really liked the wheels used on the TransAm Cuda/Challenger

1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

RUNCHARGER

Yup, no more peeling chrome. Aluminum is the way to go.
Sheldon

dodj

Every time I see that pink Challenger of yours Sheldon...I think about repainting mine FM3
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

Thanks, it was an eye catcher for sure back when these cars were common.
Sheldon

70vert

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 24, 2024, 06:31:57 PMI hated SS wheels impossible to mount with the unilug , chrome peeling Arrrg  :steamingmad:
 Like the Torque Thrust , Welds , ralleys of course , even the 17" or old school slots are so cool !

I don't recall my Cragar SS ever having Unilug, certainly the new ones don't. I do agree they used to have flaking issues but again no issues with the modern SS.
My second favorite wheel was Centerlines, but that was back when I had a GTX.

Katfish

Crager's SS definitely had unilug, what a POS design.
I got screwed on that deal, saved up and bought a set while working for $2/hr at Burger King.
Car had a terrible shake at 55mph, tried everything possible, and eventually figured out the rims weren't true. It was way past warranty by the time I figured out, Even after warning him, my friend gave me 1/4 of what I paid for the rims, for the rims and tires for his Camaro.
That was a painful lesson for a 16yr old.