Main Menu

U.S.CarTool mini tub and spring re-location kit?

Started by gumby, March 13, 2018, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gumby

How badly does this mess with rear seat and rear quarter interior panels? How difficult does it make it for exhaust routing? Gas tank clearance? Shocks?
Valance? Any surprises that I should know about ahead of time? Anybody have pics?

The website was kinda vague. just said modifications could/would be needed? Thanks.

cordodge

Well I have the springs located straight and under the frames, I am running about a 12-1/2"/13" tire with no mods to the body with 3/4" clearance on both sides. only thing is the springs will be stuck in the original cutuouts I did some mods to the valance hide them. I am running TTI 3" full exhaust and the only thing I had to do was tweek the tail pipes a bit and I mean just a bit.  I'm at work I can send some pics later today if that will help.

cordodge

couple picks

cordodge

Couple more from the computer, never had any of the challenger spring hangers but here is a pic of the roadrunner same thing basically

Burdar

I don't know what you plan on using for a wheel/tire combo in the back so this suggestion might not work for you...

Look up the spring relocation kit from Dr Diff if you haven't already.  His kit will let you fit the largest tire possible in the stock wheel well.

dodj

Quote from: Burdar on March 15, 2018, 07:55:38 AM
I don't know what you plan on using for a wheel/tire combo in the back so this suggestion might not work for you...

Look up the spring relocation kit from Dr Diff if you haven't already.  His kit will let you fit the largest tire possible in the stock wheel well.
:iagree:
Using Dr Diff's 1.5" kit, I fit 315's in the stock wheel well. How much rubber you looking to install?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

moparcar

Unfortunately as of this last fall Dr. Diff quite making the 1.5" offset kits. He now only offers the 1" for e-bodies. Said he had too many issues with clearances and different spring combos on the 1.5". I wish someone would make these again.

Wes