Main Menu

Upper control arm bolts

Started by Gary, July 16, 2017, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary

I see on the ICCA site that these are not correct upper control arm bolts?  They claim they are not supposed to have the flat.  Is that right I or am I reading something wrong, I've never seen one without the flat end.

RUNCHARGER

They need the flat so they can turn the washer.
Sheldon

Ramcharger32348

They have to have the flat or D shape to fit the matching washer or it would just spin inside the washer and no adjustment would happen.

Cuda Cody

Gary

That's what I thought.  What is the ICCA referring to?  I've seen it both on their site and in the B body judging guidelines

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Gary on July 16, 2017, 03:03:31 PM
That's what I thought.  What is the ICCA referring to?  I've seen it both on their site and in the B body judging guidelines

every time I look at their site I see things that are wrong... Glad I'm not looking to be judged by them cause we would have issues....  At one point I tried to contact them through their website about a blatantly wrong item & never even got acknowledgement that I'd contacted them....

Cuda Cody

Dave Wise does great work for the hobby, but nobody is perfect.  While I support and applaud his efforts, I too have found somethings I wish he would correct.  Regardless if it's a typo or a simple item he's over looked, I think he can make some small adjustments to some of his books and website pages to make them better.

In the end, you did the right things and asked for others past experiences when you found something that wasn't making sense.  Together as a group there's not much we do not know.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 16, 2017, 04:29:35 PM
Dave Wise does great work for the hobby, but nobody is perfect.  While I support and applaud his efforts, I too have found somethings I wish he would correct.  Regardless if it's a typo or a simple item he's over looked, I think he can make some small adjustments to some of his books and website pages to make them better.

In the end, you did the right things and asked for others past experiences when you found something that wasn't making sense.  Together as a group there's not much we do not know.

:iagree: