Main Menu

US Cartool 3" Spring Relocation Kit

Started by dave73, November 27, 2019, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Wheel back spacing  is 5.75"

I did some testing of different size wheels spacers to fine tune the fitment and ended up using  .750"

A 1/2" wider tire might fit with the correct backspacing and spacers.

Here is an inside clearance pic with .750" spacers.

dave73

Thanks all. What is an acceptable clearance to the quarter lip and spring? I currently have a 275/60 on a 15x8 with 4.5" bs and have a 1/2" to the quarter lip and 1" to the spring.

dodj

In my mind, anywhere 1/4" to 3/8" is enough. No science behind that though, just what 'I figure'.
When you go around a corner the tire deflects in the opposite direction that you are turning. But that deflection is centered around the contact patch. Up where the spring is I don't think there is appreciable deflection for it to hit the spring.  That's my figuring.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HP2

I've run leaf clearance as tight as .25" and fender lip as tight at .375".  I wouldn't necessarily recommend these as wholesale dimensions as there are other factors to consider like tire type, wheel type, intended usage, road conditions, etc, so on, and so forth.

gzig5

Sidewall height is going to have a big bearing as well as driving style.  If you are running 35 series on 18" rims you need less clearance than a 60/70 series on a 15".  If you are just cruising and not doing road course work, you can probably get to within 1/4".