Main Menu

What are the options for aftermarket tubular , stock style LCA's?

Started by ClarkWGrizwald, April 09, 2020, 12:14:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ClarkWGrizwald

I know QA1 makes lower control arms. Does anyone else? All I can find is reinforced stock lowers.
Thanks! 

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

greentween

Rebuild your stock ones. The QA1 arms are just modern copies of them. I could see if you don't want to fool with the old parts and would rather part ways with some cash for faster turn around. If you get them, just make sure they fit into the K frame hole correctly. The pivot pin they use is smaller diameter and on the set I tried they didn't the hole correctly like my stock ones.

I would also suggest to have the pivot pin hole in the K frame re welded while it is apart. The factory welds were done poorly.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2602302/re-aftermarket-lca-pivot-shaft-diameter.html#Post2602302

7212Mopar

Stock LCA in good shape can be reinforced and rebuild cheaply. It works like new with new bushings and stronger. The new LCAs are expensive. UCAs are less expensive and you get better ball joints, more caster and stronger than stock, no offset bushing needed.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Brads70

:iagree:
Unless yours are damaged I'd stick with the stock lowers. No welds to break on the stock lowers either....  :alan2cents:

ClarkWGrizwald

Well then I'll listen to the experts and rebuild and weld the supports on!
Thanks again!
Oddly enough, you are saving me money which never happens on a site like this! Lol

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk