Main Menu

What Tire Pressure Are You Running?

Started by Solarguy, September 25, 2018, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Solarguy

With all the topics on the mopar forums I've read, I don't recall one regarding tire pressure.  I've got 235/60/15 up front and 255 /60/15 out back, cooper cobra radials on 7" wheels.  I've always run 32 psi on all 4 corners.   This results in a rather large contact patch but also looks low on air when viewed from the side.  I experimented last weekend adding a few pounds at a time and doing a test drive.  I could really feel the difference by the time  I got to 38psi and traction didn't feel as good at the front wheels.  Just out of curiosity, what are you running for tire pressure? 

JS29

CudaMoparRay

I also run 32 psi all around it is good for traction and gas mileage compromise at least for me. 

dodj

40 psi all four corners. Nitto NT-05's.  35 rear and 40 front aspect ratios.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

I run approx 80% of max pressure so a 45lb max tire I will run around 38
, over inflation will cause the center of the tire to wear faster & under inflation will cause the edges to wear faster
However for traction you can run a lot less or for cornering close to max pressure but tire life will suffer

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon