Main Menu

Whats your fav 70's rims for E Bodies?

Started by tparker, April 23, 2024, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Hi all,

I was just watching a show and there was 197x Corvette that had old slotted mags which always looked cool to me. Lots of Cameros had rims. Some wheels look good on some cars. What aftermarket rims do you associate with E bodies? Pics?

I'm toying with ideas for rims  to replace my 14" rally wheels and am curious what you all come up with. Initially I was looking at the aluminum rally wheels, but curious about old style wheels :)

dodj

I'm a fan of torque thrust wheels. I have a modern 17" torque thrust 'M' wheels on my car...because you can't buy a good tire in 14" or 15" anymore. Gotta go 17" before you can get modern rubber designs. Like a decent speed rating. And I like CP's description of BFG...BFGarbage. lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

I went with 17" Cragar rims for my '70 Challenger, and very happy with the looks and option of tires. I currently have Nitto A555 R2 on it.

1970 cuda Joe

The very first cuda I fell in love with was the Sox & Martin 71 cuda. It had Keystone classics. I went rallye wheels on my personal car....Joe
1970 cuda 440-6, 4 speed NOM. Moulin Rouge

Katfish

Quote from: dodj on April 23, 2024, 02:35:49 PMI'm a fan of torque thrust wheels. I have a modern 17" torque thrust 'M' wheels on my car...because you can't buy a good tire in 14" or 15" anymore. Gotta go 17" before you can get modern rubber designs. Like a decent speed rating. And I like CP's description of BFG...BFGarbage. lol

Exactly what I did too

dodj

Quote from: Katfish on April 23, 2024, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: dodj on April 23, 2024, 02:35:49 PMI'm a fan of torque thrust wheels. I have a modern 17" torque thrust 'M' wheels on my car...because you can't buy a good tire in 14" or 15" anymore. Gotta go 17" before you can get modern rubber designs. Like a decent speed rating. And I like CP's description of BFG...BFGarbage. lol

Exactly what I did too
Our cars are very similar actually. Mine is white not green but, same rims, same TA stripe, same grille...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

moreparts

Back in the day Centerlines were a favorite.

Katfish

Had center lines on my first car, they do look great!
Yeah, I didn't know only Cudas came with fog lights.

Racer57

Would've gave anything to been able to afford these back in the 70's when I was a teenager. Now I'm old and got 'em.   :D

71vert340

Running Centerlines on the Charger for the back in the day look.
Terry W.

PsyOps

Quote from: 1970 cuda Joe on April 23, 2024, 04:33:02 PMThe very first cuda I fell in love with was the Sox & Martin 71 cuda. It had Keystone classics.

Keystones for sure!

usraptor

:yes:

dodj

Quote from: Racer57 on April 23, 2024, 07:49:33 PMWould've gave anything to been able to afford these back in the 70's when I was a teenager. Now I'm old and got 'em.   :D
Reminded me of what a friend said a few years ago. He was talking to me and said "Remember back in the day? The old guy with the cool cars? .......now you are that guy.

anlauto

I always like Crager SS's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Straight up original for me.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green