Main Menu

Wheel bearing Dust Caps for 1970 Challenger with disc brakes

Started by 750-h2, November 23, 2017, 02:03:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Has anyone found an aftermarket source for these. I believe the OD is 1.79 inches. Only ones I can find are NOS at a cost of $100 cdn. :help:

Brads70

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 23, 2017, 02:03:43 PM
Has anyone found an aftermarket source for these. I believe the OD is 1.79 inches. Only ones I can find are NOS at a cost of $100 cdn. :help:

I got mine at the "help" section at Canadian Tire , I did have to trim them down some so they would seat. Not sure if they are "correct" but they worked.

Katfish

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on November 23, 2017, 03:07:57 PM
What did you trim?

they are too long to seat, they hit the bearing race before they seat. couple minutes with a disc grinder, deburr and clean and they fit right on.

EDIT: Just had a thought..... is 1970 different than 73 up?  :-[   I  had 73 up spindles on mine, same caps fit my c-body set though?

750-h2

I bought the two dust caps that CTC shows on line. One is Ford the other GM. Both were too big? Also ordered some from Rock Auto and they were way too small. Do you remember the application of the ones you bought at CTC?  Thanks

JH27N0B

I was looking all over for them for my T/A project last year and finally gave up and reused my dinged up originals.
I can't believe no one repros these!

Brads70

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 23, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
I bought the two dust caps that CTC shows on line. One is Ford the other GM. Both were too big? Also ordered some from Rock Auto and they were way too small. Do you remember the application of the ones you bought at CTC?  Thanks

Sorry I gapped it.....
EDIT: Just had a thought..... is 1970 different than 73 up?  :-[   I  had 73 up spindles on mine, same caps fit my c-body set though?

340challconvert

Bought a really nice pair for my 1970 A66 Challenger vert from Rick Ehrenberg last year after ordering a crappy pair from Rock Auto that did not fit.
Fit nicely and looked stock.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Aar1064

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 23, 2017, 03:58:17 PM
I was looking all over for them for my T/A project last year and finally gave up and reused my dinged up originals.
I can't believe no one repros these!

I didn't have much luck finding a correct set after ordering two sets so I knocked the dents out of my originals and used them.

76orangewagon

Quote from: 340challconvert on November 23, 2017, 05:11:50 PM
Bought a really nice pair for my 1970 A66 Challenger vert from Rick Ehrenberg last year.
Fit nicely and looked stock.
I also ordered a pair from rick off of eBay a few months ago.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

340challconvert

Just a comparison
dust cap listed on Rock Auto part number (too small) vs the Rick E cap
:thinking:

Plus a cool install tool that prevents damage to the cap (also picked up from Rick)

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible