Main Menu

Which parking brake cable setup do I need? Two offered

Started by Ricomondo, January 03, 2020, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ricomondo

I need to purchase a complete parking (emergency) brake cable setup.
All the vendors I see list two options; with intermediate cable and without. I'm unsure of which I need for my TA.
Can anyone advise please?

Thank you!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

RUNCHARGER

With intermediate cable that runs front to back on the left side. The 71 and later setup has an intermediate cable that runs in a U underneath the car from the right axle over to the front, across and then to the left axle. The 71 setup is a lot longer.

Edit, wrong no intermediate on the 70.
Sheldon

Ricomondo

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 03, 2020, 03:49:12 PM
With intermediate cable that runs front to back on the left side. The 71 and later setup has an intermediate cable that runs in a U underneath the car from the right axle over to the front, across and then to the left axle. The 71 setup is a lot longer.

Ok, the kit WITH the intermediate cable. Thanks @RUNCHARGER
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Floyd

1970 T/A would be WITHOUT an Intermediate Cable.  Here's what I ordered from Inline Tube for my T/A (stainless option).  Pic of cables is the original set off my T/A. 

Note - All three of my original cables were the smooth coiled style tube.  The repro cable kit comes with two smooth style cables (main cable from pedal and the short D/S rear cable).  The cable that runs to the P/S rear has the external wrapped wire style cable.

I worked with there tech support guys to get a kit made with all three cables to match my original.  Send me a PM if you want more details. 

Floyd

Pic of the two styles.  Smooth on the bottom

Ricomondo

Quote from: Floyd on January 03, 2020, 05:27:08 PM
1970 T/A would be WITHOUT an Intermediate Cable.  Here's what I ordered from Inline Tube for my T/A (stainless option).  Pic of cables is the original set off my T/A. 

Note - All three of my original cables were the smooth coiled style tube.  The repro cable kit comes with two smooth style cables (main cable from pedal and the short D/S rear cable).  The cable that runs to the P/S rear has the external wrapped wire style cable.

I worked with there tech support guys to get a kit made with all three cables to match my original.  Send me a PM if you want more details.

Thanks @Floyd. I was looking at the Inline tube setup on Ebay. I'm not interested in the kit being 100% original in appearance; long as it does what its supposed to do. Thanks again for the clarification!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon