Main Menu

WIW Hemi master cylinder

Started by three two barrels, September 27, 2020, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

What is the value of a 1970-71 Hemi master cylinder that needs to be rebuilt?
I took this off my T/A thirty years ago as I thought the brakes were dragging, never looked at the casting number until now. My car had many owners in the first fifteen years but what are the chances of someone swapping it with one from a Hemi car?
Should I rebuild this one or find one with correct casting number?

Topcat

Gosh, been looking where I mis-placed that for so long.  :D

Fastmark

Well, the one you need sells for about $800-$1000 NOS or rebuilt. It's a one year only. Hemi may be two years. One sold here and one NOS may still be for sale. I'd sell it as a core. Should bring $500 or so. Maybe more.

anlauto

Quote from: Fastmark on September 28, 2020, 04:43:35 AM
Well, the one you need sells for about $800-$1000 NOS or rebuilt. It's a one year only. Hemi may be two years. One sold here and one NOS may still be for sale. I'd sell it as a core. Should bring $500 or so. Maybe more.

I think it would sell for "more"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I had an NOS one that I had advertised for a while before it sold for $1000.  I've seen them advertised higher and they may sell for more occasionally.
Even though they are rarer than 9171s, there is less of a market for them, so the values of 9171s and 9191s might be approximately the same at this point.
I couldn't make out your date code, the one I sold was 1973 so not right for a one installed on the line.  If yours is 69 or 70, the right guy doing a concours resto might pay a big premium.