Main Menu

-71 Triple Black Hemi Cuda - Tribute

Started by GCragtop, January 28, 2018, 10:10:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GCragtop

Finally some time to start build thread of my customers car. He bought it some years ago from CA, factory TX9 Gran Coupe. Pretty solid body, but typical rust issues on rear quarters and trunk floor. At the moment we have sheet metal work done and body moved to the paint shop a few weeks ago.

GCragtop

Looks good.

Cuda Cody

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

750-h2

xx88man

It's looking good. Did you change the tail panel to '71 too?
Keep yer foot in it

GCragtop

70-71 tail panels are same, just different tail light lenses and bezels.

Spikedog08

Wow this is gonna be a cool thread to follower!  What an awesome car!    :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

usraptor

Very nice.  That's a lot of metal replacement.  Excellent work.  :twothumbsup:  Is it an original  "R" code Hemi car?  Got love triple black.  :)

RzeroB

Not an R-code ... first post he mentioned that it was a triple-black Gran Coupe ... could have been a 383 car though??

Noticed GCragtop's handle says he's in Finland? Not surprising as a lot of these E-bodies have "migrated" to the Scandinavian countries however most seem to make a new home in neighboring Sweden.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Must be hard ($$$$) as heck to build a car like that in Finland  :o :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GCragtop

Quote from: anlauto on January 29, 2018, 09:28:10 AM
Must be hard ($$$$) as heck to build a car like that in Finland  :o :bigmoney:

All I can say is... yes.  :bigmoney: :bigmoney:

GCragtop

Quote from: RzeroB on January 29, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
Not an R-code ... first post he mentioned that it was a triple-black Gran Coupe ... could have been a 383 car though??

Noticed GCragtop's handle says he's in Finland? Not surprising as a lot of these E-bodies have "migrated" to the Scandinavian countries however most seem to make a new home in neighboring Sweden.

This was originally 318 car with TX9 exterior, white interior and white vinyl top. Owner told me that he has dreamed many years about triple black -71 Hemi Cuda, so this is one way to build a car for him.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: It's painful building one in Canada I can't imagine doing it in Finland. Really have to be dedicated$
Sheldon

GCragtop

Great progress at paint shop!