Main Menu

1970 A66 Go Mango Challenger Dealer Demo! Current pics!

Started by benlavigne, October 02, 2018, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

Looking fantastic!

I still don't get the hard-on for bias ply tires. Original or not....they were the unsafest I have ever felt in a motor vehicle.

Love the Magnum rims. As much as I like Ralleyes...Magnums are awesome too.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

benlavigne

Quote from: kawahonda on May 27, 2020, 06:38:01 PM
Looking fantastic!

I still don't get the hard-on for bias ply tires. Original or not....they were the unsafest I have ever felt in a motor vehicle.

Because they look Maaaahvelous!  :looney:

Ben

6bblgt

Quote from: kawahonda on May 27, 2020, 06:38:01 PM
Looking fantastic!

there is no reason that they would be unsafe, personal experience of an unsafe occurrence may put a bias on current preference,
but I doubt it was unsafe purely because the occurrence happened on bias-ply tires

NASCAR ran bias-ply tires for decades,
they were OE on 10s of millions of passenger cars in the '60s & '70s,
FAST racers regularly turn 10 second 1/4 mile times at 120+ MPH on reproduction bias-ply Goodyears & Firestones

kawahonda

My car came with bias plays. They were probably 15 years old...maybe 20. Press brakes hard (not slamming them but stopping in a modern-like fashion) skids to a stop while moving laterally. Feels like ice-skates on solid, dry pavement.

Immediately put on radials. Skidding is only possible with super hard emergency breaking. Like it should be. Even then, I have never had to "test" radials because it stops immediately.

You won't catch me with bias plys again. Maybe it was the age of mine, but it sure left a crappy taste in my mouth.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

benlavigne

I am thinking about letting go of my A66 Challenger, would like to have something I can drive more often, i.e. resto-modded E or B body...
Here are some current pics of the car, I have both 15'' Rallyes on Polyglas and 14'' Road Wheels on T/A's...
Car is registered for MCACN 2021!

Ben

anlauto

Well it's a beautifully optioned car, it will be interesting to see how much it sells for....lots of people driving towards the resto-mod craze... :alan2cents:  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt M

Wow
Very nice A66, that thing is really loaded up.
Great Story.

Makes me miss my survivor A66.
Ironically sold off to Canada!

DeathProofCuda

Mopsquad

Seems like a very fair price.  Good luck on the sale and finding that fun driver!

benlavigne