Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, August 16, 2017, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

My first post on this forum on my restoration process.

The engine is running, just needs to be painted and detailed (426 Hemi)

Stainless boot well moldings were just installed, the anodized drivers side belt molding installed, still waiting for the passengers side to come back from the plater.

Right now the focus is on getting the dash completed and installed.

303 Mopar

Looks like a great project and I love the color! It's hard to beat a '70 Cuda vert.   :banana:

Cuda_mark

Thanks - Here are a couple of other older pics

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rich G.

GCragtop

Cuda Cody

ec_co

great looking project and a great looking garage!! I spot many goodies in there. is that a '71 fastback?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda hunter

Is this a BH 70?

Looks great!  Love that color.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

larry4406

Nice looking car!

Your blackout around the windshield continues down on top of the cowl.  Is the cowl coverage normal?

Spikedog08

WOW that looks great!  Very cool!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: ec_co on September 10, 2017, 09:01:17 PM
great looking project and a great looking garage!! I spot many goodies in there. is that a '71 fastback?

Thanks and I wish that was my garage!! That's the shop where my car is being worked on. He has a lot of interesting projects in there right now including an AAR, a '63 Powerwagon, a '69 GTO Judge Convertible and an old '65 ambulance.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 10, 2017, 10:45:38 PM
Is this a BH 70?

Looks great!  Love that color.

It's a BP, originally a 318 car. I don't have the original engine.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: larry4406 on September 11, 2017, 02:59:55 AM
Nice looking car!

Your blackout around the windshield continues down on top of the cowl.  Is the cowl coverage normal?

I think there was some variation on this from the factory. I'm sure some of the experts on the site can shed some light on it. I do know that my Challenger also has blackout down to the edge of the cowl. Here are some other pictures of how it was masked and after it was shot.

340challconvert

Nice work on the Cuda vert!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible