Main Menu

1970 Challenger Restomod

Started by ToxicWolf, January 19, 2017, 12:43:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Excellent! I love that feeling deep in your gut when you drive a car that's faster than you've driven before.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Quote from: Roadman on June 25, 2017, 09:34:28 AM
            We buttoned up a few loose ends yesterday, and after 4 years I drove her. All I can say is "HOLY SH!!!!!!!!!!T"  It is a beast.    :yes:   Everything works as it should.  Driving her around knocked out my depression pretty quick.   :ohyeah: Next weekend puics and a write up.    :rebelflag"

These cars seem to be really good therapy!  Glad to see you out and about buddy!   :stayinlane: :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 25, 2017, 09:45:06 AM
Excellent! I love that feeling deep in your gut when you drive a car that's faster than you've driven before.

Absolutley !! fun to experience new toys !!  Fast cars are great therapy  :bradsthumb:

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 25, 2017, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: Roadman on June 25, 2017, 09:34:28 AM
            We buttoned up a few loose ends yesterday, and after 4 years I drove her. All I can say is "HOLY SH!!!!!!!!!!T"  It is a beast.    :yes:   Everything works as it should.  Driving her around knocked out my depression pretty quick.   :ohyeah: Next weekend puics and a write up.    :rebelflag"

These cars seem to be really good therapy!  Glad to see you out and about buddy!   :stayinlane: :banana:
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 25, 2017, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 25, 2017, 09:45:06 AM

Absolutley !! fun to experience new toys !!  Fast cars are great therapy  :bradsthumb:
:iagree: Always puts a smile on my face when having a bad day!

Roadman

:rebelflag"  UPDATE    :rebelflag"  Well, weve been chasing down all the little gremlins and driving her a little. The new booster went bad and we changed it out today.  Anyway, many of you remember that we installed an electric A/C compressor when we built the car and today it got it's test out in 100 degree temps. Works outstanding.   :banana:  Compressor and all hoses, drier, etc are inside the right front fender, nothing showing under the hood except the condenser.  Going to get some pictures this week of all the little touches we added as we built her. Bringing her to Carlisle next year if it kills me.   :D

Brads70

Quote from: Roadman on July 18, 2017, 02:11:41 PM
          :rebelflag"  UPDATE    :rebelflag"  Well, weve been chasing down all the little gremlins and driving her a little. The new booster went bad and we changed it out today.  Anyway, many of you remember that we installed an electric A/C compressor when we built the car and today it got it's test out in 100 degree temps. Works outstanding.   :banana:  Compressor and all hoses, drier, etc are inside the right front fender, nothing showing under the hood except the condenser.  Going to get some pictures this week of all the little touches we added as we built her. Bringing her to Carlisle next year if it kills me.   :D

Funny I was just wondering how your A/C was working out for you , after sweating it out at Carlisle. Driving down in Murrays newer Challenger with A/C might have spoiled me some.... :rebelflag" :-[

Can't wait to see some more pictures. !  :popcorn: :takepicture:

Chryco Psycho

You can't let it kill you , we need you around here  :bigthumb:

ToxicWolf

I'm just uploading these here so I don't lose them.   :looney:

blown motor

More Jim, more! That car deserves to be seen.  :yes:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ToxicWolf

Quote from: blown motor on December 16, 2017, 06:34:01 AM
More Jim, more! That car deserves to be seen.  :yes:

Won't be long now.  Currently doing resets on the MSD electronic ignition system.  When that is finished, it will be road-test time.  Pictures coming soon.  :woohoo:

303 Mopar

That looks beautiful Jim!   :iagree:

dodj

Looks like he left the keys in it for me... :D
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ToxicWolf

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 16, 2017, 07:56:43 AM
That looks beautiful Jim!   :iagree:

Thanks, Frazz

She is a labor of love.  :inlove:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: dodj on December 16, 2017, 07:59:15 AM
Looks like he left the keys in it for me... :D

Suuuuurrre I did.   :haha:

ToxicWolf

We put an electronic AC system in the car to keep all those ugly hoses out from under the hood.  But, this is Florida and AC is a necessity.  :yes:

Since we haven't put up any pictures on the work that was done, I thought I would add them here.  :wave: