Main Menu

1970 Cuda resurrection

Started by HP_Cuda, June 27, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

82firebird

Very nice, I am excited for you!  :banana:

HP_Cuda

Finally got the windows figured out, the locks working and the vapor barriers went in 2 days ago.

Looking to put the rear quarter panels in and the door panels and I don't think there is anything major left to do!

:wrenching:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

HP_Cuda

Rear quarter panels are in - what fun!!!  :banana:

Pics coming soon.

Roadman

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 08, 2017, 05:13:09 PM
Rear quarter panels are in - what fun!!!  :banana:

Pics coming soon.

:needphotos:    :needphotos:    :rebelflag"    :rofl: :rofl:

Topcat

B,

Your car looks great.

Are you ready to cause Mayhem with me?

usraptor

Love the color.   :banana:   :twothumbsup:Car is looking great!

HP_Cuda

That's the plan Mike, and hopefully keep it out of the thread Wrecked, Mangled and Destroyed Mopars

;)

Quote from: Topcat on October 08, 2017, 06:57:25 PM
B,

Your car looks great.

HP_Cuda

Some pics of the progress.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: HP_Cuda on October 08, 2017, 08:38:50 PM

That's the plan Mike, and hopefully keep it out of the thread Wrecked, Mangled and Destroyed Mopars

;)

Quote from: Topcat on October 08, 2017, 06:57:25 PM
B,

That would be a good plan !! The car is looking great  :bigthumb:

HP_Cuda

Well after putting the door panels on I was staring at them and enjoying my interior when I got this feeling something was missing. Yep you guessed it - the Cuda emblems on the door panels. So out they came again, ughh and lucky for me I had tooling marks on the back of them to note where the emblem holes go. But one upside that even Alan may appreciate - it gave me a chance to paint the cup holder hardware black.

Glad I had some extra clips cause I bent two of them and didn't want to fool with trying to put them back to their original shape.

Glad that is done. Onto some small issues to iron out - get the speedo to work, add OS sensor bungs, clean up, and add trim rings and center caps.

Shane Kelley

Chryco Psycho

Looks great , need to keep it out of the mangled mopars section for sure !!

Topcat

Looks great!

Hope to see it on 4/21.

usraptor

Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 28, 2018, 10:15:19 AM
Well after putting the door panels on I was staring at them and enjoying my interior when I got this feeling something was missing. Yep you guessed it - the Cuda emblems on the door panels. So out they came again, ughh and lucky for me I had tooling marks on the back of them to note where the emblem holes go. But one upside that even Alan may appreciate - it gave me a chance to paint the cup holder hardware black.

Glad I had some extra clips cause I bent two of them and didn't want to fool with trying to put them back to their original shape.

Glad that is done. Onto some small issues to iron out - get the speedo to work, add OS sensor bungs, clean up, and add trim rings and center caps.

HP-Cuda. Could I ask you how the upper door panel clips attach to the door frame?  Did you put the bottom or top of the panel on first? The service manual is no help on this.  The door panels were already off my car when I bought.  Neither panel had the upper clips and I just recently found out about them and ordered a set from Dave at Roseville.  However, I'm having trouble getting the clips to attach to the door frame so I either have the clips on the panel wrong or I'm trying to attach them to the door frame incorrectly  :thinking: :dunno:  Any help on this would be appreciated.  I know it can't be that hard but........  :headbang:

MoparDave

Quote from: usraptor on May 02, 2018, 12:23:25 PM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 28, 2018, 10:15:19 AM

HP-Cuda. Could I ask you how the upper door panel clips attach to the door frame?  Did you put the bottom or top of the panel on first? The service manual is no help on this.  The door panels were already off my car when I bought.  Neither panel had the upper clips and I just recently found out about them and ordered a set from Dave at Roseville.  However, I'm having trouble getting the clips to attach to the door frame so I either have the clips on the panel wrong or I'm trying to attach them to the door frame incorrectly  :thinking: :dunno:  Any help on this would be appreciated.  I know it can't be that hard but........  :headbang:

the clips go onto the trim panel and reinforce the plastic tab against the door frame when mounting the trim panel. I'll see if I can find a picture I had.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/