Main Menu

1970 FC7 Rubber Bumper 340 4 Speed Cuda.

Started by Mymcodebee, March 05, 2018, 10:05:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mymcodebee

My buddy bought this car years ago and has been picking away at it over the years.  Its finally time to put the rubber to the road so its a push to get this to Carlisle this year.   The metal work pics were destroyed three hard drives ago however here is a few pics of it when purchased and some current ones now.
He has nearly every part detailed and ready to install from the Jerome Verbit (RIP) rim blow to the detailed AM FM radio.
The car has its original fender tag, but no broadcast sheet. 
From what we can gather the car spent most of its life in Maine and specifically southern Maine prior to my buddy buying it. 
The Vin is BS23H0E123965 if anyone comes across any info on the car.
Very Solid car to begin with.  Still retains its original trunk and floorpans.
It's not a factory N96 Shaker car but is an original rubber bumper car. 
We sprayed the panels this weekend and will spray the body in a couple weeks. 

Mymcodebee

More.

Mymcodebee

From this weekend. 
Pre-Clear

Mymcodebee

After Clear.

Shane Kelley

Looking good. Painting those panels at different times and different angles than the body is pretty scary with a metallic. Hopefully it will all match when bolted together. 

JS29

This car was built in Los Angeles, chances are you will not find A build sheet. :alan2cents:

Mymcodebee

I agree, risky  however highly trained Mainiacs working in this garage.   No seriously we have two gallons of purple mixed up and have gone this route on nearly 20 Cudas prior to this one...  That's just the Cudas... 

Mymcodebee

Good point on the LA build!  I forgot about that.  Probably not going to happen. 

Prior owner has some paperwork that my buddy wants.  He will shoot down to pick it up as some point.
Has something to do with a seatbelt recall or something similar I think..

Cuda Cody

Mymcodebee

Thanks!  Very excited about this car.  It has actually spent more time in my garage than my own cars... 
Very excited to see my buddy driving it this summer!

He also has a TX9, tan interior white top, 4 speed BS27H car sitting behind this car in one of the photos I posted if you look closely. 
That car will be more of concourse #'s resto that we will tackle after he finishes this one. 
He has had that car for quite some time as well. 

RUNCHARGER

It looks like a great car. I still have nightmares from spraying this one in Centari way back. There's a ton of metallic in FC7.
Sheldon

Mymcodebee

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 05, 2018, 02:08:00 PM
It looks like a great car. I still have nightmares from spraying this one in Centari way back. There's a ton of metallic in FC7.

That's nearly his car except he's going with a black shaker bubble and the hemi of course...
Even has the same tires!
Yes there is a ton of metallic. 

Solarguy

Quote from: Mymcodebee on March 05, 2018, 10:56:38 AM

He also has a TX9, tan interior white top, 4 speed BS27H car sitting behind this car in one of the photos I posted if you look closely. 
That car will be more of concourse #'s resto that we will tackle after he finishes this one. 

That sounds Really Nice.   :drooling:  H0 or H1

cuda hunter

Quote from: Solarguy on March 05, 2018, 03:47:24 PM
Quote from: Mymcodebee on March 05, 2018, 10:56:38 AM
He also has a TX9, tan interior white top, 4 speed BS27H car sitting behind this car in one of the photos I posted if you look closely.  That car will be more of concourse #'s resto that we will tackle after he finishes this one. 
That sounds Really Nice.   :drooling:  H0 or H1

Now that is an awesome colored car!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Oh, Oh yeah,  the rubber bumper car is awesome as well!  Looks great! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee