Main Menu

1970 FE5 'Cuda Build

Started by 1970Cuda, January 10, 2017, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

Hi fellow E-body enthusiasts - a brief update on my project. ... I finally finished the Dash Assembly. The picture was put together using two photos, so it's going to look a little weird. But it's finally done.

I noticed the thread on dash pads that I will throw my $0.02 on, but suffice to say I used my core, and honestly the pad turned out OK, but certainly no where near perfect. And it took around 18 months to finally obtain. I concur with those that say, "show up to the show with a good core pad and just buy it on site." At least you'll be able to pick out a good example.

Next on the agenda is getting the brakes finished, my original steering column on and back to the painter for color sanding. Once it's there, I'm going to start my steering column assembly (I've picked up a few to start working on to perfect my technique for my original).

ebodyproducts

Looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

1970Cuda

Hi All,

I Finally finished the brakes install and brake bleeding. Stainless lines look great, but definitely can be a pain to get sealed correctly.

Now we completed the installation of the fenders. They really make the chassis look more like a car. Now it is on its way back to the painter for color sanding and then back the the home shop for Dash installation. Check out a few photos on the progress.

One question I have is whether the Vertical Lock Support and Yoke (according to the shop manual) are unique to each model year. See picture for reference. For a reminder, I'm working on a 1970 'Cuda. I am trying to install those before going to the painter and some of the holes for the Spacer to Grill Reinforcement do not align. Any thoughts on this would be great. And let me know if the pictured support isn't a 1970 if you know, because I cannot remember whether it came with the car or I picked it up at a parts swap meet over the last few years. Thanks for all your answers - really helps out a lot.

usraptor

I love the Rallye red paint!  :twothumbsup:  Almost painted mine that color.

1970Cuda

Thanks Usraptor, I like the Rallye Red too, although, it seems more orange than red, especially in the direct sun.

I spoke with my painter yesterday (11/24), and it's going back to him late December for the color sanding. I am hoping that doesn't take too long to complete. Now I just need some roller tires and a flatbed. I really want to install the dash assembly.

Next on the agenda is restoring my steering column. I need to re-watch Cody's great videos on that process.

Good luck with your projects everyone.